Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Madcav
Site Admin

Wanted! Keep `em peeled lads...

Post by Madcav » 17 Nov 2006

Wanted shortly a BX diesel estate. Much prefer a TZD but whatever model needs to be running fine with no mechanical issues and must have long MOT.
Doesn`t have to be especially pretty but must be capable of immediate and sustained use.
Have a tidy GTi 8 valve to deal with if wanted or good old fashioned cash if neccessary.
Keep `em posted please peeps.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 18 Nov 2006

They be peeled Billy!
Cant see shit now though it's all a blur! :D

Theres a very late extremley tidy venetian red estate for sale in Central Bristol but it's N/A.
I have a turbo I could hoof into it but would need all the pipes, rad, bonnet lining etc since it's just an engine.......
Probably a bit too much work!!

Cheers
Chris G
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 18 Nov 2006

Cheers Doc, n/a is fine if nothing else shows up. Any ideas on price and/or MOT at all mate? Thanks,
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 19 Nov 2006

n/a is boring mate. What you need is a doc'd turbo! :D :D

Er, will find out about MOT monday but the price is £200 ONO, I'm guessing the MOT is longish since it's taxed till next June.

It's cheap cause the clutch is well on its way out and the owners just bought some shitty MPV thing from the people that brought us pearl harbour....
I can do a clutch inside three hours and cost price is less than £45 for a Valeo :wink:

I'll be loitering at the garage monday so will get the full sp and let you know matey!

Cheers
Chris G (turning to the dark side!)
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 19 Nov 2006

You seriously do a clutch in 3 hours?? Woah dude you quick! Do you use a jack to support the g/box or how you do it? Was thinking I'll take the whole lot out when I do my clutch as I want to fit the aircon unit at the same time and I assume it would be easier that way. I'll also put a new clutch cable in while I'm at it and make sure that ruddy bulkhead grommet is fitted properly....or is that just making work for myself???
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 19 Nov 2006

last N/A cluthc i bought was a genuine citroen one and was delivered for £28! At my peak i could also fit a clutch in 3 hours, once you know the pit falls and short cuts then three hours is easy, its when something untoward happens (like uber siezed nuts) that time starts to add on!

How fast can you do bottom ball joints Doc (from driving into the garage to driving out)?

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 20 Nov 2006

Bx Bandit wrote:You seriously do a clutch in 3 hours?? Woah dude you quick! Do you use a jack to support the g/box or how you do it? Was thinking I'll take the whole lot out when I do my clutch as I want to fit the aircon unit at the same time and I assume it would be easier that way. I'll also put a new clutch cable in while I'm at it and make sure that ruddy bulkhead grommet is fitted properly....or is that just making work for myself???
Yep, n/a's are easy to to do, theres fuck all in the way! TD/16v, er, bout 5 hours at my pace (i.e. beer and fag breaks every 10 mins!) :D

Support gearbox? Huh? I jack car up, lie under it, drop it onto my chest / floor. Change clutch, put g/box back on chest, lift box back onto engine. Piece of piss!

If changing a clutch I would always change the cable, it's easy enough on a TD with the engine in situ.

You can fit the aircon kit without removing the engine/ gearbox. Infact it's easier to to do with the engine in the car.....

Christ jesus, this is turning into the technical bit on bxclub!!!, and I'm giving advice whilst pissssssssssed!

*No responsability will be assumed for injury / death following any advice given!

Cheers
Chris G
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 20 Nov 2006

I write this message from Hospital after my TD gearbox did a free falling act onto my chest, crushed my ribs which punctured both lungs, ruptured my spleen and poked a big hole in my left atrium. I am on a ventilator and fed liquified food through a straw and the nurse can't even give me a blowey because I got nerve damage to my Johnson. THANKS ALOT DOC!After all that the clutch was fine and I needent of bothered...... :lol:

Last time i did a clutch I was helped by me Dad - seemed to remember erm 'taking it on the chest' then but at least he was there stop it dropping off before I was ready!! I'm talking about the gearbox you twisted souls!!

Perhaps I'll do a new topic on the other side and ask for said pitfalls!
TTFN
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 20 Nov 2006

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll come and visit! :wink:

If your chaps got no feeling ask to hold a male nurses :lol: :lol: :shock: :wink:

Cheers
Chris G
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance