BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
barnsley bxer
Part of the decor

Pedal Box removal?

Post by barnsley bxer » 04 Jun 2007

I've a question.How do I get the pedal box off?there's a bloody great crack up the side of it and the accelerator pedal is flopping about.(Wondered why the turbo didn't seem to be turboing :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil: )

barnsley bxer
Part of the decor

Found the thread on the BXC

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 04 Jun 2007

when you try to remove the alen key headed bolts, i'll put some good money on them shearing clean off! They are made out of some famous french chese or other which is meant to be drank with wine NOT used to secure a pedal box.

Citroen want nearly £1.50 per screw, however game for anything boy here paid for a WHOLE BAG of the things! I now treat them like gold and do not normally offer them to anyone (on the grounds i WILL need them again) but once you've fucked your cheese and drank a bottle of red to get over it, then let me know and i MIGHT allow you to have some of my screws (though recompence would be nice :D)

I also have a spare pedal box!
Last edited by Vanny on 05 Jun 2007, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

barnsley bxer
Part of the decor

Vanny wrote: also, when you try to remove the alen key headed bolts, i'll put some good money on them shearing clean off! They are made out of some famous french chese or other which is meant to be drank with wine NOT used to secure a pedal box.

Citroen want nearly £1.50 per screw, however game for anything boy here paid for a WHOLE BAG of the things! I now treat them like gold and do not normally offer them to anyone (on the grounds i WILL need them again) but once you've fucked your cheese and drank a bottle of red to get over it, then let me know and i MIGHT allow you to have some of my screws (though recompence would be nice :D)

I also have a spare pedal box!
I'm going to my local welding shoppe in the morning to see if he can weld it.If not,I may be in need of a box and bolts :roll: :wink: :D :D :D

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 05 Jun 2007

Pedal boxes are notoriousley shite. Welding them is easy enough, but get some extra strength added to it by welding in a couple of tabs up the sides.

As for the allen bolts that Citroën so kindly from CRAPITE, bin them and stuff some black hardened allens in. Thats what I done! :D

Vanny could of course move this bit to the councelling bit to get the ball rolling. <Job Done :D>

Also, we could start a thread on there about rebuilding XUD and Mi16 lumps, with the relelvent tools required, torque settings and "tricks of the trade".....
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Stewart

Post by Stewart » 10 Jul 2007

I will be selling a beautiful pedal box at the national, not the slightest crack, it even comes with a brake light switch.
Stewart

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 10 Jul 2007

is it perchance attached to an entire car?
ImageImage

Stewart

Post by Stewart » 11 Jul 2007

One of them is, one of them isnt :)
Stewart