Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Vanny
Site Admin

Anyone want a cool project?

Post by Vanny » 18 Nov 2007

pretty simple.

BX estate 4x4! Looking at it, i think its a 1.6 petrol strangely enough, but a 16v lump would be a nice addition!

It's practically mint, and runs (albeit needs a new battery), best of all its that lovely metalicy bluey purple colour.

I really wouldn't mind it myself, one problem, its in s***h London! Its a CCC member who is desperate not to scrap it but probably wants to get rid urgently.

let me know if your interested!
ImageImage

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 18 Nov 2007

Taxed or Mottttted? and most importantly, does the 4x4 system actually work?

I'm guessing it's probably a 19 carb engine, (which does look just like a 16 carb engine) rather than a later 19 injection.

I wonder if I can find a 405 Mi16x4 system anywhere. Would be interesting as I actually fit in a BX estate rather than a saloon, which I don't (anyone who mentions adjusting the seat will be unceremoniously shot.)
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 18 Nov 2007

David wrote: I wonder if I can find a 405 Mi16x4 system anywhere.
There's one on my estate mate. Mint, but not for sale. Balaclavas and a beavertail........sorted!! :lol:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

estate being a location of dwellings rather than a type of vehicle?

I doubt its taxed or MOT'd but the 4x4 system DOES work.

what i should have done is mention that there are more pictures here;
http://www.bxproject.co.uk/gallery2/v/o ... rsale/4x4/

ignore the buggered thumbnails, the pictures actually work!

David, why don't you just adjust the seat? and without wishing to be shot, citroen have an official add in accessorie whcih extends the rearward travel of the seats by nearly 6 inches, would that be enough? Because if it is then i know an annoying scouse twat that has had a set of these magical extending rails ferreted away for 6 years and might relinquish them!
ImageImage

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 18 Nov 2007

it's not fore-and-aft travel that's the problem. It's the distance between the seat squab and the roof. I have short-ish legs for my height, so my head brushes on the headlining of a BX saloon with sunroof all the bloody time. It's REALLY annoying. Granted I could lower the seat a bit, but I think that would make the driving position a bit odd.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 18 Nov 2007

Would a 16V engine in that BX not just destroy the 4x4 system in almost an instant though?
I'd be tempted to chuck a 1.7TD or 1.9 n/a engine in it then just mince round in it for a larf.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Vanny
Site Admin

1.7td and a 16v have just about the same torque, so would kill it equally as quickly! The problem is pretty much all down to the way they are driven, hammer them hard and they are unforgiving.
ImageImage

ken newbold

Post by ken newbold » 19 Nov 2007

Aarmuch?

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 20 Nov 2007

price has never really been discussed, i think the guy has been more interested in it not getting scrapped!

Why you tempted? I can PM you the guys email address?
ImageImage

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 20 Nov 2007

Isn't Keith Davis rumoured to have one of these in his yard, ex courtesy car iirc?
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

ken newbold

Post by ken newbold » 20 Nov 2007

Interested yes, but.

It would have to be cheap due to the location and complexities. :?

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 24 Nov 2007

well i think it will be UBER cheap, probably free, sounds like it has imoboliser issues and no battery, am investigating, but it think it might have to be saved!

And get an XUD or HDi engine lobbed in.

Doc/Smiffy/Dave you able to assist if i need to get to london to collect?
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 24 Nov 2007

Should be mate.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 24 Nov 2007

Vanny wrote:well i think it will be UBER cheap, probably free, sounds like it has imoboliser issues and no battery, am investigating, but it think it might have to be saved!

And get an XUD or HDi engine lobbed in.

Doc/Smiffy/Dave you able to assist if i need to get to london to collect?

Always glad to help if I can!

john s
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 24 Nov 2007

good good, the s***h is scray on my own!
ImageImage