Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 18 Nov 2007

absolutely agree with that man, this bird you talk of is worthless without pics!
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 18 Nov 2007

She's not a bird, she's a lady.
I'll try and get a piccy, if she ever gets on my bus again, although lets face it, I've known her for over 2 years, and I still dont actually know her name...
See, I'm taking this one nice and slow... By the time I'm drawing a pension, we should be on our third date!

Anyways....
The day started well, I woke up with no hangover.
It all went to shit from there.
Had to dap into Halfrauds and get some Hammerite. Halfrauds is in Cribbs Causeway, anyone who knows Cribbs will know it's like the black hole of Calcutta. Once you're in, there's no escape. Especially on a weekend.
However, the traffic looked light, so I dapped in.They didn'y have any seam sealer, they only had one pot of hammered finish and one pot of satin finish..
and then I had to queue for 45 bloody minutes to actually get served.
I would have walked out, but Stroud closes on a Sunday, so I had little choice but to wait....and wait....and wait..
Eventually, having a grown a beard and lost some more hair off my head I returned to the car with at least some of the things I actually wanted to buy.
It then took 2 3/4 hours to get out of Cribbs and onto the M5. By this time I was already losing the will to live.
Most of the daylight had fucked off, and it was getting cold.
Even so, I slapped the Hammerite on the wheelarch, doesn't look pretty, but it doesn't matter, since it has a week to go off before stoneguard is applied on top before underseal with added waxoyl is bunged on top of that.

Then I made up a repair section for the scuttle. Fitted a treat straight off, and away I plugged with the welder.
Then dad pointed out that there was an alarming amount of smoke issuing forth from the dashboard.
Rather disappointingly a large fire had developed in the box section between the bulkhead and firewall and was doing a grand job of filling the car with smoke, and melting the sound deadening.
After emptying a foam fire extinguisher into the car the fire was out, but the main loom across the heaterbox is mullered, the sound deadening is, well, crispy, and god knows what else I'll find when the dash is removed and all the foam is wiped up!
However, the repair looks ok, although the quality of the weld is a bit wank since I turned the wick right down to keep the heat at bay:

Plenty of seam sealer will finish that off, before going nuts with the satin finish black Hammerite.
Thats all I managed to do before deciding I was very cold, and pissed off, and returned home to clean up and fuck off down the pub, which I shall be doing in a moment.
Next weekend I'll pull the dash, and sort the N/S innerwing and wheelarch.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 18 Nov 2007

Over-protective Lurve Doctor wrote:She's not a bird, she's a lady
Now that must be lurve mate....must be :wink: Perhaps you need a bunch of BXPers to don the bus and 'work the lady' towards Dr. Chevron.... we'll warm her up....you take her for a test drive :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear aboot the crispy sound deadening scenario mate....and halfrauds....complete bunch of bastards. Should be rennamed Blingfords judging by the amount of chrome and dice and ultra-violet and well....bling!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 19 Nov 2007

Bx Bandit wrote:
Over-protective Lurve Doctor wrote:She's not a bird, she's a lady
Now that must be lurve mate....must be :wink: Perhaps you need a bunch of BXPers to don the bus and 'work the lady' towards Dr. Chevron.... we'll warm her up....you take her for a test drive :lol: :lol:
I think it just might be mate......

Thanks for the kind thought, but I think having a bunch of nutters turn up might just put her off the greatness that is me!

The car will be ok, I'm great, so I can fix anything...probably...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 19 Nov 2007

Bx Bandit wrote:Now that must be lurve mate....must be :wink: Perhaps you need a bunch of BXPers to don the bus and 'work the lady' towards Dr. Chevron.... we'll warm her up....you take her for a test drive :lol: :lol:
better put me at the end of the list

she would be good for nothing after I had finished with her and would be in dwsperate need of one of Docs old wheelchairs
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

See, see, thats why when the lovely latvian lady realises what an absolute top gentleman I am she WILL NOT be meeting any of you letcherous sods!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 19 Nov 2007

mickey taker wrote: and would be in dwsperate need of one of Docs old wheelchairs
I knew she was posh which is why I didnt say Vannys rewelded wheelbarrow
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

:lol::lol::lol:

I only have a zimmer frame left, I gave the wheel chair to a mate for his mother, still had the L plates on it, but wasn't much use to me anymore, I now have a motorised wheelchair....it's called a car!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 20 Nov 2007

He actually does have a Zimmer frame, which has a fuel injection pump from a Gardner 6HLX bus engine on it! I'm really NOT joking!!

john s
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 20 Nov 2007

smiffy wrote:He actually does have a Zimmer frame, which has a fuel injection pump from a Gardner 6HLX bus engine on it! I'm really NOT joking!!

john s
[worthless]

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 20 Nov 2007

/\ are you referring to the Zimmer frame of piccy of Latvian Lady Suggs?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 20 Nov 2007

Picture of Pump on zimmer frame I'll attend to this weekend, piccy of Lovely Latvian Lady may be more difficult, but I'll see what I can do.
Either way, you buggers aint having her, she's mine, all mine, er, well, she will be, oneday, maybe.........:cry:
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

the zimmer tdi

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

I can get me plenty of pictures of lovely latvian ladies from

mail me a bride .com :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 21 Nov 2007

Yeah, but they wouldn't be this particular Lovely Latvian Lady would they!
She's special.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 21 Nov 2007

docchevron1472 wrote:Either way, you buggers aint having her, she's mine, all mine, er, well, she will be, oneday, maybe.........:cry:

Carefull dude, they take a dim view of kidnapping.....
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 26 Nov 2007

whats the update?
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 26 Nov 2007

There isn't one. I've done nothing at all to it this weekend.
I did fuck all yesterday, and today I had to scoot up to Gloucester to pay for another BX 19TXD in Triton green, and then spent some time losing the will to live changing the thermostat in the TD.

I will endevour to get alot more done this week, but thats rather dependant on what happens on tuesday.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 31 Jan 2008

Quick update:

No pictures tonight as the phone battery died on me, but I'll upload a few tomorrow.

Since the last installment nothing at all happened to the car until this Tuesday, since then, I've finished all the welding on the front, and everythings painted / stone chip guarded. The O/S sill is even worse than I thought and I'll be attacking that on Saturday.
All the front suspension is back on with new wishbone bushes, drop links, track rod ends, bottom ball joints etc etc.
Despite it running fine last time it did run, it now wont start at all. Although I suspect it's something simple, like forgetting to plug a bit of the loom back in or the such..
By the time I go back to work next week I might just have the back end in the air and I can start stripping the fuel tank and rear subframe out..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 31 Jan 2008

shame I cant get the tow bar to you while the tanks out ,

one of the bolts is up behind the tank and it would be easier to get at while its out