Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 05 Apr 2008

docchevron1472 wrote:Matthew actually will be there on Sunday!

Alas I'm proper fucked up at the mo, so progress may be quite slow, but either way both cars will be raped and disposed of this weekend.
Proper fucked dude? Waddup? Happy to help mate so gi' us a shout if you need it.
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 05 Apr 2008

Not Kelly no, Parker, although as it goes he may not actually be there now. He was today, but the forecast for tomorrow is shocking, so I suspect I'll be there alone.

The estate is now totally raped and it's abused remains are on the pile.

And I've made a start on the TXD!
So long day but progress has been good.

Nowt serious mate, my hip has been giving me fuckng hell all week, so much so I actually haven't slept at all since Monday, initially I wasn't overly worried but very wierd and worrying things are happening and suspect it may be something rather more serious than I anticipated, but my quack is well on the ball and has sorted a full MRI for next week! Fusk waiting 6 months like the rest of the plebs I'm special!!

Anyhow, it's made doing anything rather painful and difficult, and the lack of sleep has been, er, interesting, oddly though, although I'm fucking exhausted, I'm not actually tired if that makes any sense?

You're welcome to turn up if you want, infact anybody is any weekend, but the weather forecast is utterly dismal, infact we got caught in the mother of all hailstorms this afternoon...

Either way I'll keep your bits in a dry safe place!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

It's not so much about the bits matey as lending a hand....if you need help I'll be there! I'm not sure the weather is gonna be as bad as they 1st thought .......besides, skiing in the valver would be fun!!!!!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 05 Apr 2008

I duno, the BBC said that the apocalypse is about to desend upon us, so it'll probably 30deg in the shade!

I've gota be there whether I want to be or not, got some guy soming down to collect some bus parts, the joy of the bay! More cash for the building fund too, so it's worthwhile going up!

Plus getting another shit car flat packed will be a bonus!

You're always welcome mate, but dont feel obliged, if you feel like turning up, I'll be there from lunchtime on, and if you dont feel like turning up, it's nay bother.

If you do thuogh, I'll re-tension the belt on your valver..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

You'll have enough to do you silly sod!!! But thanks mate, I don't like to rag it now just in case like...believe it or not it's approaching a year since you fitted it and about 6K miles :oops: Lets see what the weather is doing in the morrow. I'll give ye a text either way mate :wink: I'll bring some Hob Goblin to keep us company :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 06 Apr 2008

Nay worries dude.
I'd rather do valver cam belts all day than a Diesel anyway!

A year already :shock: fuck me time flies dont it. Seems like just last month...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2008

Flippetty Dib Dob....

Yesterday I spent fiddling and fartin' about and nothing worthwhile at all...
As I didn't make it to Docs last weekend, I managed to repair the brake flexi support bracket last night.

Today, I made up the patch to fit under said repaired brake flexi bracket. Got a couple of spots on......

and me gas ran out :evil:
Where and what type/grade of gas do I ask for Philius Hodius? I know it's CO2 but is there anything else I need to ask for?

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 09 Apr 2008

are you still on the 0.8 or have you swapped to the 0.6
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2008

0.8 mate, although the above will be the 1st 'butt' joint I've done. Judging by the holes the wick certainly needs turning down a bit. I hadn't thought of going to the 0.6 tho'...

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 10 Apr 2008

:D :D Hiya Bandit Diont change over to the point six until you have to mate. turn it down a bit............just get a refil of co2. they can be a bit iffy filling someone elses tanks ...should only cost you £ 10 for the gas mate.. If they wont refill they will charge you an other £10 deposit on a new bottle so although you can swap mine if they do a refil...... ie they get an empty from you you just pay for a full. If you have to get new save my empties as I will take them back up here
Fuick that sounds complicated :P
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 10 Apr 2008

You're not using argon mix????
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 10 Apr 2008

/\ No mate, good old CO2....I felt cold so thought I'd 'warm the planet up a bit'!!!!

Thanks Phil, I'll certainly make sure you get two bottles back (hopefully full or not far off :wink: )..........gonna piss down for a few days now so the bastard weather puts stop to play :(

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 10 Apr 2008

:D :D I always work using co2 on cars. an I reckon if I teach anybody to weld with that....Then they get their own gear and use Argoshield or cougar...they will think they have dramatically improved... good for the old confidence 8) :P

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 11 Apr 2008

SHIT
i was gonna start on cougar :(
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 11 Apr 2008

I started on Co2 (gas bottles nicked from the local pub) but soon realised the joys of Argon!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 11 Apr 2008

:lol: :lol: Use what you want mate.. Heh heh...just an old teachers trick for boosting flagging ego`s an motivating young minds :P

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 11 Apr 2008

:oops: :oops: :oops: I noticed one of the guages was pointing 'somewhere' this morning....so I had a fiddle with the regulator valve and there's still gas in there.....WTF????
Really odd, cos the only thing I've turned is the small brass 'flow meter valve' which gets easily turned by looping the earth/mains/torch cables around the top! So, any pointers as to what either guage should read, esp the flow which has been knocking about the 20 (units???) mark.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 11 Apr 2008

:? [chin] The guage nearest the tank should tell you how much is left in.

The next should be set by opening the flow meter valve fully then opening the valve till the flow meter goes to the top.....then set the flow as req`d
leave it there and shut down the tank valve only when starting up or shutting down........I think :shock: :) :)

Flow meter is in litres per hr :wink:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 11 Apr 2008

....set flow as req'd.....

Is that set by the brass knobby knob attached to the sight glass? If so, it's the 'as req'd' bit I'm unsure of. If it's too high, I'll be wasting gas.....I'll try 20 cos I'm pretty sure that's what it was reading.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 19 Apr 2008

Right then....apart from the patch on the sill, the front end is all welded up, tripple primed and double undersealed. The suspension is all fitted except the o/s track rod end and the o/s drive shaft. I'm hoping Charlie has a mate who can press in the new bush on the lower mount.

I've fitted the new fuel lines, so fired her up. Bit of coughing and wot not then xud bliss! :P Need to bleed the front brakes and do some waxoyling, then it call all be put back together.....and I can start on the rear!!! I'm hoping won't take too long as I have a plan to get it MOT'd by the end of this month! It'll probably result in the odd bit of non MOT related work being done after the MOT.

The plan then is to run the Xantia and the TZD whilst I do the process all over again on the TD. Then the Xantia can be sold and I'll have me '3 fleet' :lol: