Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 22 Jul 2008

trailer is still there, i'm due to start cutting it up soon though. Would much rather it went in one piece!
ImageImage

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 22 Jul 2008

I'll see if I can find his number. Probably no biggie though as there will be money for you in the bogeys alone, never mind the chassis and the fifth wheel coupling if it's still there.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 11 Aug 2008

Random update;

actually started doing some work on the car today.
  • Aircon sump now fitted, found a LOT of silicone sealant worms in the bottom of the tin sump
  • replaced the pipe from fuel pressure regulator to plenum for a Samco silicon one
  • Found why the alternator belt was making funny noises, turns out the bottom bolt for the alternator tensioner was completely missing! Whole thing was tensioned entirely based on whatevery strength i put in the bolts when tightening it up! Now i know where that spare bolt is from, knew it was for something important!
  • tightened up one of the fuel rail bolts, as it wasnt tight at all
  • stopped a leak from the bottom of the oil filler pipe, the jubilee clip wasn't tightened AT ALL (noticing a trend here?)
  • managed to get the bleed nipples out of a set of spare front calipers, so will clean them down and fit them

also i have most of the remaining parts i need to sort most of the MOT related jobs, thinking that i will pull the front off side suspension apart after food.

Is changing the wishbone bushes an easy task?
ImageImage

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 11 Aug 2008

Vanny wrote:Is changing the wishbone bushes an easy task?
Snot difficult. I recommend a propane burner to remove the old ones and a big hammer to install the new ones.

No, bigger than that.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Vanny
Site Admin

what about actually getting them off the car?
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 11 Aug 2008

:) :shock: Just unbolt everything and take them off. Then as David says burn em out. When this is done, clean it all up. I actually use a screw clamp I made and some swarfega/grease, to insert. Then screw everything back together....job dun 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Vanny
Site Admin

totally disagree, the jobs a twat i give up! on my way to posting some pics but basically i'm in no rush so it can wait (i want to use the car!)

i'm working on a set of spare wish bones at the moment and heat is deffinately helping, but the very outer races of the old bushes (those that interface with the arm its self) just wont come out, i've devised a bit of a mthod, but its really not working in places and i dont want to fuck the arm its self. GRRRR
ImageImage

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 11 Aug 2008

i actually used a drill bit to get into the rubber so that i could get the core out

then used a hacksaw blade to cut into the outer races/metal bits

then a big fuck off hammer a chisel to finish the job

but then your useless so i expect your gonna have problems anyways

ho hum ho hum ho hum

:roll:

Vanny
Site Admin

hmm i sort of started down that path to find my dad doesn't have a decent hacksaw blade! Badly stocked workshop and a half. Would be much better doing this at the farm, only thing i miss at the farm is the pillar drill and compressor. But i'm probably gonna loose the farm shortly :(
ImageImage

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 17 Aug 2008

more things that i managed last week;
  • new shrouds on the handbrake cables and re adjusted (dont need to replace the cables)
  • O/S ball joint
  • calipers with bleed nipples, well bled (back to green blood)
  • new Quartz 7000 and MAN oil filter
  • New drive shaft seal (from pug)
  • new gear oil (old stuff was horrible nasty looking)

Remaining things on the long long list;
  • rear O/S ABS sensor and arm
  • adjust rear height corrector
  • replace front height corretor
  • wish bone bushes (O/S front first)
  • Change SAD? maybe
  • ECU diagnostic connector needs fixing
  • front to rear hydraulic pipes (3.5mm ALL)
  • gear shift length and clutch adjustment
  • oil pump uprated spring
  • windage tray/sump baffle
  • afix fan wiring
  • clamps for the pipes over the fly wheel cover
  • replace rear wiper motor
  • fix water thermostat housing leak
  • replace front and intermediary exhaust pipes
ImageImage