BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
stu
Established

Calling all campers!

Post by stu » 02 Sep 2008

My tent - which is ancient and possibly due for replacement, but which I'm quite attached to - has developed a problem for the first time in the 10 years I've owned it! It's an old Eurohike thingy and it looks like this:

One of the brass eyes that the ends of the poles fit into has disappeared, leaving an unprotected hole in the webbing that I think will rapidly deteriorate if left. Can these be bought new anywhere?
Cheers,
Stu

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » 02 Sep 2008

Have a look here Stu........

http://www.camping-online.co.uk/EYELETS ... CESSORIES/

You might need to create a patch, with a new eyelet sewn-in, then sew the patch onto the tent.
Obviously, the whole area will need reproofing before using after repairing!

Hope this helps,

Dave
"If it has four legs, wags its tail, and barks...the chances are...it's a dog!

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 02 Sep 2008

urgh brass eyelets i have night mares about them, put in over 100 eyelets into a couple of tarpaulins while in the states, its fun for the first 8 or so . . .
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 02 Sep 2008

I have a kit for eyelets! Doubt they're brass but it come with a punch and die to remove the material and reverse the punch to expand and secure the eyelet.......you borrow the kit and have a few eyelets if you want them!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 02 Sep 2008

:) I used to have one of them. I bought it at a tool stall on the local market

Looks a bit like a pair of pliers with the die on one side and a revolving punch set on the other.....buggered if I know what happened to it :P
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.