BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
charlie
Part of the decor

a shed is a shed is a shed

Post by charlie » 28 Sep 2008

more shed news

cause of the burst high pressure feed the brakes felt a bit soft

bit of air in the system, bleed em i thought no problems

errrrrrrrrrrr

n/s back brake wont bleed or even work so needs stripping down

and did i mention that the abs light is now on

and did i mention that i snapped a wheel nut last time i tried to take the front n/s wheel off

it was bout a month ago and was gonna take it to bandits before he got rid of the weldin stuff so thta he could tack the end on again so that i could replace it

well cause ive got an xm shed the bolt next to it has now snapped as well

same thing just undoing the fuckin thing and it just snapped

so now ive got two broken wheel nuts

go on yer bastards fuckin laugh

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 28 Sep 2008

:lol: :lol: :lol: :( but only coz you insist!

Ctr pop as near ctr as you can drill with 4mm drill....Drill wityh 6mm drill.... drill with drill 2mm smaller than core..... out she comes

Alternatively if you have a bolt extractor... Drill 8mm... tap in bolt extractor.... remove bolt
8) It helps with a good helping of plus gas ( or ekwivalent) first.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 28 Sep 2008

Philhod wrote:It helps with a good helping of plus gas ( or ekwivalent) first.
That, and a good helping of heat from a big burner. Not failed me yet.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 28 Sep 2008

David wrote:That, and a good helping of heat from a big burner.
best idea yet

torch the whole shed

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

[chin] [chin] Should be ok....it`s got aircon hasn`t it? Very 8) 8)

Don`t use heat much meself...exept in dire emergencies :oops: :P

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: a shed is a shed is a shed

Post by Way2go » 28 Sep 2008

charlie wrote:
well cause ive got an xm shed the bolt next to it has now snapped as well

so now ive got two broken wheel nuts
As this has happened twice, apart from replacing these bolts, it would be a good plan to remove ALL wheel bolts and wire brush all the crud off them before smearing the threads with coppaslip upon refitting!
That should prevent further dramas of this sort. :wink: 8)
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 28 Sep 2008

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry Charlie, but that's had me in stitches mate...and I'm still larfin!!!!

Is a bolt extractor thing one of those anti-clock threaded things a bit like a threading tap?? My neighbour may be able to borrow one mate - he borrowed one for me when the stud sheared in the valver! I'll ask him tomorrow! You'll shear off the bleed nipples next!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

:roll: :roll: Yer could also stop standin on the spanner, when you tighten them up :wink:

You would be surprised at how....err..... not tight they are when you use the correct torque :P

Not quite Bandit, they have a twist or flutes....a bit like a drill only slower, with a taper.
They run anticlock and have sharp edges on the "flutes", that dig in, the harder you turn it the tighter it bites in. They come singly or in sets from little to big.
Most of mine are bleeding great big things from when I worked for a living
on Turbines :P 8)

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 29 Sep 2008

Eazi-Outs my mate called them. Probably some american bullshit name dreamt up by some idiot! The one I used on the valver snapped :cry:

Is it worth trying to weld a nut on the stud first and try teasing it out do you rekon or straight to these stud remover things?

Your XM has a curse me thinks Charlie.........but at least I've stopped larfin :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 29 Sep 2008

:? Err.. I`m just an old fashioned engineer (yawn) They extract bolts so we call them bolt extractors :P
They are made from HCS but if tempered properly shouldn`t snap.
To help this you should drill the largest practicable hole before using the tool and then extend the turning arm rather than shock it with a hammer :wink:

Your weld will have to be extra good or your wasting your time IMHO

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Like I said mate some toss pot 'trade name'! Bolt extractors they is!

Are you trying to say my welding is no good Grand Master??!! :P I didn't hold much hope TBH, but my success rate at getting the centre punch central is a bit.........shall we say.....hit and miss!

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 29 Sep 2008

If there's any of the stud left sticking out, I would try using a compressive type stud extractor. Looks like a deep socket, but has three rollers in it that are designed to lock against the remains of the stud. The harder you lean on it, the harder it compresses, so they NEVER slip.

Only danger is that you'll shear the stud off flush this time.....
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 29 Sep 2008

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah.... then you can use the other one :P :P

I know it`s a pain but if you have to get it central:- make a card (kellogs box) template with holes for the remaining studz and the missing ones ctr`d. Fit to pos and hold pos with masking tape, pop through your marked ctr`s. Soak them in shit for 24 hrs. Drill holes....Remove stud.

If your`e very good at marking and drilling choose a drill around 40 thou
(1mm) under the core dia......and what`s left comes out very easily :wink:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

/\ That is a top idea mate! Templates FTW! Never heard of one of those 'things' you mention David but they sound good! Only problem is.......you've given our Charlie too many options :roll: :lol: :wink: