General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Re: Favour wanted please.

Post by mickey taker » 14 May 2009

[quote="smiffy"]
The things I used to enjoy most, were HOLE POTTING, Night games (no you dirty fuckers, not those night games) [ quote ]

FIXORATED

in our day we used to end the friday night meetings at the pub.

We were one of the first mixed venture scout / ranger guide units ( oh my god they let girls in in 1975 ) which earned us a lot of brownie points amongst the single sex units.

mixed camping is great fun :lol:

we were always getting into trouble , we were the first unit to turn up for a national camp at Gilwell Park (the home of scouting) on mass, on motor bikes .

this is another organisation that has been squashed by political correctness as scouts are no longer allowed to carry sheath knives ( I used to have a gurkha kukhri ) and a lot of games and activities have been dumbed down on health and safety grounds .

Our wide games often resulted in mass brawls and bodies being found tied to trees the following day :oops:

I stayed on after ventures as an assistant looking after a young blind lad that wanted to be a cub .

I rejoined as a helper when my kids joined , all but one have been cubs and scouts and the black sheep of the family was a brownie then a guide.

Thankfully despite political constraints scouting is still very popular , our cub pack is over subscribed with 48 members and we have about 30 scouts plus 40 Explorers the new name for ventures
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 14 May 2009

thats reassuring about the Scouts doing okay, i left many years ago after they had a go at fast tracking me from regular scouts straight to leadership (bearing in mind i was in scouts WAY after i should have been as ther where no ventures), i wanted to enjoy it not run it, and the then leader was cock and left me to do most of it.

I'll never be a helper though, my experience is that there are too many attitudes within parent helpers.

The best thing on the old transits was the gear box, its always like playing russian roulette when changing gear, will it change, wont it change? Makes for some interesting manouvers when it doesnt change!
ImageImage

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 14 May 2009

Never had a dodgy box on one Vanny and this one is very slick with a nice short throw. Have you ever tried one of those magic wand ones on the old 307D type Mercs though? Fuck me you had to be Paul Daniels to get the bastard into gear! I had one once when I was on the tyres, drove it on an eight mile round trip to meet somebody and handed it back.

The Transit has had fuel filter change and some sort of diesel addative and has started first crack this morning and sounds great. I'll go for a blast in it later to make sure it's all ok but fingers crossed it will be now. Just got to sort out the n/s indicators (switch I think) and one tyre on the limit then continue removing what's left of the graphics and it'll be there.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 14 May 2009

This'll cheer Billy up....
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 15 May 2009

No way? Is that a piss take?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 15 May 2009

ChotoFop. From B3ta I believe.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 15 May 2009

Father Ted wrote: Will dig my camp blanket out and photograph it - its a bit wussy as the original one got damaged and its now a nice blue fleece affair - only thats a guide ass'n one, not scout one - the wife bought it for me...... :oops:....
I still have mine and my dads although the kids use them now , my dad was a cub leader in the 60's and right through to the 80's . I will try to find them this weekend and take some pickies
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 May 2009

:shock: Oh my good god!!!!!! don't do that...I nearly creamed my pants then!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

and yes I was in scouting many years ago... cubs from 7 joined the senior scouts at 17
Achieved one of the first doe golds in1963......then left when I found out what those lumps were in girls blouses. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Philhod on 15 May 2009, edited 2 times in total.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Why Phil ?,

Its only a blanket with scout badges on it

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Yeah but no but ....I only just got my eyes open.... see!!!!

Got to go ......Got a class to take at 9..........byeeeeeee.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Philhod wrote: and yes I was in scouting many years ago... cubs from 7 joined the senior scouts at 17:
ahhh, all big hats , shorts and garter tabs , ( before my time )

Philhod wrote: ..then left when I found out what those lumps were in girls blouses. :mrgreen:
see, we didnt need to leave as our venture unit was mixed with ranger guides
you never knew who would be in which tent each morning :lol:

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 15 May 2009

Father Ted wrote:Image
it'll make my day as well

fuckin bitch

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 15 May 2009

yes i shagged my way round the unit when i was 16. Then later on just shaged the brown owl instead. Nursing was such a disappointnent. honestly it was like a quim dessert. Come to think of it been shagging brown owl for 18 years now.
Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

:shock: Fuck me an 18 year leg over Do you stop when working and for food etc

Or just carry on regardless.

I'll have you know we wore beret's by then, cheeky and shorts short enuff to make you check where "everything" was when you bent down. the beret for seniors was a sort of purply lilac colour and I favoured a Skein Dhu. My mate had a khukri but I had usually stabbed him by the time he got it out of his sheath. 8)

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 15 May 2009

Father Ted wrote:Image
The day that is actually true is going to be fucking fantastic.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

:lol: :lol: He said "I'll dance on your grave" ......She said "In that case, I'll be buried in Quicksand" :P

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 15 May 2009

The mock up page comes from a website which is campaining to make her / famiy pay for her own funeral as i think the queen is planning a state funeral for her. Now my take is, that she would want to pay for her own funeral and not be a burden on the state (remember all that fuss when she went private for health care? She did it not because she had no faith in the NHS, but because she could afford to and saw it as her duty to avoid burdening the state - i mean, poor cow, she was damed if she did and damed if she didnt).

By all mens have a state funeral and a day f mourning, but I do think the estate should pay for it, not the state.
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 15 May 2009

A day mourning? A weekend fucking celebrating more like. She can have a state funeral though. A council e-state funeral. Chuck her in the back of an old Mondeo rolled in carpet and throw the fucker into a canal somewhere.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 16 May 2009

She's really not high on your christmas card list is she?
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 16 May 2009

8) And I'll stub out cigs on her forehead..........just to make sure she's fuckin dead! :twisted: :twisted:

The biggest disaster ever to befall this land IMO. I'll celebrate for weeks 8)