BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Re: Another fucking starting problem

Post by mat_the_cat » 14 May 2010

Will try draining it more frequently, but 2 cold starts have been perfect so far. Looking good! Next I have to replace the lower engine mount that's all of 30k miles old - this time with a genuine one I think. It's not oil saturation, but just seems to have disintegrated.
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 May 2010

Has the rubber bit torn from the metal? I made one from some metal bar and some round rubber bar(?)
with a 6mm hole down the middle, that I nicked from indespension in Bolton.
Stuck them together with Gorilla glue and it was on the car when I sold it 4 years later. 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 18 May 2010

Missed this one Phil, it's the rubber bit with the metal tube in the centre, that's separated from the outer rubber part as it's only held in 1 direction. Incidentally, which way should the bush be orientated? I gave the whole mount to a garage at the time to press out and in as I didn't have a vice, and I can't remember if they put it back in in the same orientation.
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 18 May 2010

vibration, one way round it tranfers all the vibration into the subframe/bulkhead/cabin the other way damps the vibration. Its important but not critical.
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 18 May 2010

If it's the one in the o/s drive shaft intermediate bearing housing then it's fitted with the gaps in line with the lower link. Roughly the gaps will be at 3 and 9 o'clock.
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die