BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Sparkys for 16v

Post by Bx Bandit » 24 Oct 2007

I know correct ones are NGK BCP 7ET but saw these on e-minge and just thought.....why not? Thought you egg heads might enlighten me :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=015

Hoping they'll give me about 150 extra ponies.....??
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 24 Oct 2007

in my mind i would steer WELL clear, there are VERY good reasons why the correct plugs are multipoint, and these don't look to be multipoint. The claims of faster acceleration is just sales bollocks to get people who don't know better to 'give them a try'.

There is no mention of the ratings either, and i'm not arsed to go check, but i reckon you might find they aren't actually compatible!
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 24 Oct 2007

Interestingly, I can't find the 'model' or what is it.....part number...whatever so i rekon you have a good point. The current ones are....ahem... :oops: Unipart (AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaargh I hate that word) single electrode (as supplied with car when purchased). BCP 7ET are triples aren't they? Why then is the Champion equivalent a single electrode...? Will the NGK triples make that much difference?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 26 Oct 2007

Iridium IX plugs are shite.

Yes, as long as the rest of the ignition system is in good condition NGK BCP 7ET's will make a hell of a difference.
They are getting a little hard to get now, but a plug of the same heat rating and triple electrodes will always give better performance ina valver than a single electrode plug.

Champion (whilst they make wank plugs..) make a plug, which I *think* from memory is something like R7YC triple that makes a valver fucking fly, but they last no more than 3K miles and cost about 54billion pounds each.

Stick with NGK BCP 7ET's, they really are the plug of choice!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 26 Oct 2007

Thanks guys...the rotor arm is all pitted so when this darn cash comes in I'll get one & a dizzy cap too cos that ain't the best. GSF rotor & dizzy cap ok do you know or is it inferior shoite?

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 27 Oct 2007

Mine runs quite happily on GSF cap and arm.
I do change it every 3K miles though, but I am way OTT.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.