Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 16 Nov 2007

Mercedes 709 23 seat minibus, going around a roundabout with the foot hard on the throttle, the rear tyres skipping as they loose traction.....the punters loved it-------NOT!!!

john s
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 16 Nov 2007

OO OO OO , I forgot one ,

I used to drive for the emergency doctor service in a striped up fiesta with a green light on the roof ,

one morning my mate came in off shift and told us he had turned his car over on a motorway slip road coz he fell asleep behind the wheelat 1.30 a.m.
no one was hurt so we all had a good laugh ,

11.30 that same night we got a call to Norf Lundun and set off ,
I drove over a local railway bridge ( bit of a hump back with no viz the other side ) to find an old pontiac the other side stopped in the middle of the road for no reason,

I switched to the inside lane and there was this fiat punto parked outside the curry house .

rear end of a pontiac or punto ,

no choice really was there

strike one punto and one fiesta

oh and you guessed it

it was Friday the 13 th
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 16 Nov 2007

mickey taker wrote:rear end of a pontiac or punto , no choice really was there strike one punto and one fiesta
Now, if you'd thought about it you could have pulled a 90degree handbrake turn and belted the back of both of them, causing even more damage.

I dunno. Youth of today. No imagination. :wink:

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 16 Nov 2007

David wrote: Now, if you'd thought about it you could have pulled a 90degree handbrake turn and belted the back of both of them, causing even more damage.:
not sure the police surgeon that was asleeo in the passenger seat would have been too impressed with that ,

I did go for the pavement but it was a high kerb and the poor little fiesta just bounced off of it instead of mounting it
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.