Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!

Should I scrap my TD?

No you tosser, stop being lazy and fix her up good
46%
Yes dumb ass, do the easy thing for once and buy the blue one
54%

Total votes: 13

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 07 Apr 2008

Bx Bandit wrote:You lie!
Ah! :shock: Now this is an escalation from Charlie just being controversial! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 07 Apr 2008

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's a fabricator of lies and nonsense. Controversial my arse...he's just a big hippy! :lol:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 07 Apr 2008

Bx Bandit wrote:Controversial my arse...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear! :roll: your arse just can't stay out of this topic! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 08 Apr 2008

:lol: As long as the topic stays out me arse...the nuts and caramel cause irritation! :lol::lol:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 09 Apr 2008

Bx Bandit wrote::lol: As long as the topic stays out me arse...the nuts and caramel cause irritation! :lol::lol:
I don't think Marianne Faithful complained about the Mars Bar in the adjacent orifice! :shock: :oops: :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2008

Way2go wrote:
Bx Bandit wrote:......adjacent orifice! :shock: :oops: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Things is, once the mars bar has melted, it'll be difficult to tell one end from the other [vomit] :lol:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 11 Apr 2008

So this clutch turns up today......not wholly pleased :x
The alignment tool was broken, but easily fixed. Could of happened in the post
There is light corrosion on the side of pressure plate with a bit creeping into the friction surface. Easily cleaned up but the seller should of mentioned this...
One of the retaining clips on the thrust bearing is broken, can be glued back in place but that's not really the point! Is this likely to give problems cos the bearing is 'always' touching the 'fingers' isn't it?

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 12 Apr 2008

Indeed it does, and I'm not sure I'd want to be fitting it.
The release bearing at least.
Although I always use a release bearing from a pug clutch, which one escapes me at the moment, but GSF sell them seperatley, and they have a nice semi elliptical metal surface that is in sontact with the release fingers, unlike the cit one which is sharp edged and eats through the fingers...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 12 Apr 2008

Putting the pug choice of bearing to one side, I don't think it'll pose significant problems. The 2nd clip and a wee dab of coppaslip should see it stay in place till it's assembled. The seller swears blind the crb was ok when sent, and didn't notice the rust on the plate. It's all useable, and it's a steal. BUT, I like the sound of the pug CRB mate...that needs investigation.....they are nearly half eaten on the old clutch!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 28 Aug 2008

I'm afraid she's gonna go! Mostly cos I can't be arsed and now that I have the TZD (with a/c 8) ) then I'd rather turn my time to the 16v. Part of the rear chassis leg has gone like puff pastry so she's up for a strippin and then for the chop! Bits anyone?

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 06 Sep 2008

Bumpety bump...I shall have a TZD interior going. Every thing for nowt to you lot and to quote the Manics...Everything Must Go!

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 06 Sep 2008

ill have the carbon aerial please

ta mucker

:wink:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

no! That's for my 16v you theiving git, and other is for the TZD....I'll give you a straight metal one tho'.........as long as you promise not to go through a car was with it...like the last time :roll: :wink:

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 06 Sep 2008

anyways youll never get rid of owt

yer smitten with de keepeverythingalways bug

:roll:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Will too..she's gotta go to make room for the return of the Triumph. All grey stuff will be binned unless there are any takers but I'll try and store as much as poss for us lot (esp me :D ). Probably got 99% of bits needed for a grey to black conversion...... 8)

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 07 Sep 2008

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the triumph is coming come!!!!!!!!

how yer gonna get it to yours??????????

8)8)

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 07 Sep 2008

Have to hire a trailer mate........gotta be done by November or else I get charged another years rent to store it......hence the need to make room

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 11 Sep 2008

just leave room for me xm cause the mot is due in november as well

:P:wink::P:wink:

:shock:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 11 Sep 2008

There will be no room you crazy fool....cos the Triumph will reside where the TGD currently resides.....The XM will pass won't it?

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 15 Sep 2008

h ehe eha ha ah ahahah

of course it will

i think

:wink: