BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Seat dismantling

Post by mat_the_cat » 24 Jun 2013

I tried to remove the foam from the driver's seat frame last night, so I can get a couple of new pieces of leather sewn in. But I'm struggling to remove the plastic trim from the rear of the seat. The 4 screws are out, and all that seems to be holding it is the headrest support tube. Any clues on how to get it off? It feels like it will break rather than pull upwards.

Oh, and I need to strip it down tonight as I'm dropping it off on my way to Scotland tomorrow! Don't really want to let them have a go as a) they'll charge me more and b) they may break it. Maybe it'll be clearer in daylight tonight?
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Re: Seat dismantling

Post by Vanny » 24 Jun 2013

Have you not taken the head rest tube off then? Look into it and you need to put a screw driver into the flap and draw it out.
ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

You star, I had looked but was difficult to see as my head torch was casting shadows. Will have another look as soon as I've finished stuffing my face!
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 24 Jun 2013

ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Cheers for that Vanny, it all (finally :oops: ) started to make sense. Got enough of the leather off to hopefully be able to repair it, but the bulk of it is glued to the foam. I did undo the wagon wheels which in my case were tied on with string!
Image Image Image Image