General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Vanny
Site Admin

Way2Go can't get it up!

Post by Vanny » 12 Apr 2011

BXP that is;

Hi Vanny,

There is a virus warning (by AVAST) coming up tonight each time I try to access BXP, it says:

Code: Select all

MALWARE BLOCKED 
www.bxproject.co.uk.phpbb3.viewtopic.php?f=4&p=56287 
infection HTML: script.inf 

avast webshield has blocked a harmful webpage or file 
I tried again twice on different parts of the forum and got the same alarm with different f numbers f=4&f=1761&p=5 and f=1&p=56285
Cost me £1.50 to find that out, the fault is with AVAST and not with the website. Script.inf is used to post banners to the site. As you can see, there are no banners because the function is turned off. Because the banners would normally be stored else where, AVAST see's this as uneffical and has a benny.

Phil, there is nothing to be worried about from this site.
ImageImage

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: Way2Go can't get it up!

Post by Way2go » 12 Apr 2011

Well I can get it up alright without alarms on it now you've done whatever you've done. :?

Been running AVAST without problems for a while now including BXP but whatever it was, it was only sounding off about BXP tonight and no other website!

First try after your PM on BXC worked fine so meh! [bow]
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 Apr 2011

Not done diddly squat.

A quick google did show that avast is 2nd worst antivirus package for false positives, second only to Norton. Not strictly a bad thing, but a complete PITA if you don't expect it.
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 12 Apr 2011

Mines been fine Vanny, had no probs at all.

Apart from the ones I mentioned on that other thread. After I've been on for about 5 minutes, a warning comes on, every time from AVG, telling me it has trapped unknown malware and needs a restart to complete removal, which I defer till I switch off.

On the occasions I have run a scan before switching off, nothing found?

I also get a number of messages at startup, telling me a number of files such as nnoopn.dll, specified module cannot be found. Once I delete all the message boxes, everything works fine......Or is there something I don't know [chin]
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.