Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Madcav
Site Admin

Oh God, they're back again.

Post by Madcav » 14 Dec 2007

The fuel protesters are back again. There's a list of places they plan to target on Saturday (15/12/2007). I'm fucked if I'm going to list up the details because I don't agree with what they're doing. However I'm more than prepared to ram any of the fuckers out of the way who might try and stop me buying fuel if I need it.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

ken newbold

Post by ken newbold » 14 Dec 2007

Since when did you buy fuel at a filling station. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 14 Dec 2007

since i mistakenly fitted a petrol engine to my car :(
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 14 Dec 2007

/\ that's the second time now.........thought you had a dirty doc diesel :?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 14 Dec 2007

fuck the fuel protesters

too fuckin right

some over subsidised farmer making a political point

country ways my arse

gota stop cause im going in to rant mode :twisted:

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 14 Dec 2007

charlie wrote:fuck the fuel protesters

too fuckin right

some over subsidised farmer making a political point

country ways my arse

gota stop cause im going in to rant mode :twisted:
Cahrlie, you're a fucking spot on old lad, fucking completely spot on.

Ken, unfortunately I DO have to pay for fuel. Common myth that we get it for nowt, we don't even get a slight reduction. One advantage is apparantly we get to jump the queue if there's a shortage on, something I will really look forward to if it means pushing past some tosser in a tractor.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Dec 2007

:shock: I supported the protests last time because they only picketed the refineries up here.the only problem at the pumps was caused by stupid fuckers that do about 20 miles a week, going from station to station till they had a full tank.
Two facts to chew on: 1 the two countries in europe who actually produce oil, UK and Norway have the highest pump prices by more than ten%

2 Succesive governments in the UK break euro law every time they up the price. The pump price is made up of oil cost and fuel tax..and VAT.
They are only supposed to charge VAT on the oil price increase but they charge it on the total, tax on a tax therefore infringing european law and shafting uz deeper everytime. If you all enjoy being shafted on a regular basis fine............. I just thought I would point it out. After all, it worked last time too :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 14 Dec 2007

I remember the last fuel protests rather well... it caught me by surprise, and I had no idea why there were queues at petrol stations until I heard the news later in the day. As far as my car was concerned, I was lucky and found a 24h petrol station at 4am that still had some unleaded.

My Land-Rover on the other hand was another story. After 3 days it was getting a bit tight, so alternatives were sought. I was running on a very odd mix of red diesel, kerosine, vegetable oil and a dribble of used engine oil. Worked so well that I had about 300 litres mixed and ready to go in the back. A friend with another Land-Rover was also on a rather odd blend of oils which was working quite well, so he took the opportunity to move his rather large caravan and I towed his flatbed trailer for him.

There was barely any fuel available anywhere and the roads were practically deserted, and yet there we were with gallons and gallons of the stuff, indulging in some heavy towing. Very very bizzare evening that was.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Dec 2007

8) Yeah a friend of mine uses red for his barge and had quite a few galls "in stock" so I was ok. :)
Like David I was caught unawares as well, so my tank was nearly empty

We set up a filtre using an old drum with a fine sieve fixed at the bottom.I welded a cone at the bottom too and we put 25kg of kitty litter in. Strained the red just fine. I believe you can use that stuff for soaking up oil on the floor which would make the operation cheaper 8)

:( You find out who your friends are under conditions like that. I was lucky got a tip off and destroyed the evidence before the C&E guy`s arrived. :P

They were a bit pissed off actually, having to resort to we`ll av yer next time, types of conversation. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 15 Dec 2007

If I remember correctly, the Fuzz and C&E guys took the attitude that you could use "whatever fuel you could find" (IE red) while there was a shortage without prosecution if it was an essential journey (food transport or something like that).

My attitude was that I was away from home and needed to get home. As far as I'm concerned that's an essential journey!
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 15 Dec 2007

I wouldn't mind if they targetted the REAL problem (like Westminster/houses of parliament/local MP's house or surgery etc) and stopped fucking up the ordinary working man trying to get about his business. I'm ready for a full scale toe-to-toe if any of the great unwashed stupid twats try and stop me filling my car up.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 15 Dec 2007

Amen Billy, these people are totally missing the point. The refineries aint the biggest villians here, it's the thieving bastards in Government. We should be nuking the PM, not the refineries....

Have to say I had no problem at all last time the fuel protests kicked off.
I kept my tank brimmed everyday courtesy of the bus company. I was on school workings then, so I had the same bus everyday, an old Bristol VR as it goes. That had the worst fuel economy of it's life for a couple of weeks!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 Dec 2007

:lol: I`ve always said that GuyFawkes was the only person, in history, ever to enter parliament with good intemtions :twisted:

Quote:

I`m not a communist " I just like people"

Fidel Castro ( BEFORE HE BECAME A POLITICIAN) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 15 Dec 2007

Haha, I work about one mile from the meeting point of these losers so took a mosey on down there just after 10.00 this morning (their agreed meeting time). Just the two protesters there, one was mightily pissed off as his lift had let him down and he had to go in his car and fill the fucker up before he went. The oprice had gone up because garages had increased them due to worries about blockades. I couldn't stop fucking laughing, how ironic was that? :lol: