Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Bloody buggering hell. Heater matrixes are a pain.

Post by David » 10 Mar 2008

Fucking sodding bastard Zebra.

6 months ago or thereabouts, The fresh-air flap control fell to bits on my DTR. To fix it, the dash and heater box had to come out. What a complete and utter faff. Still, I had noticed that the heater had been smelling of coolant, and I'd been loosing a bit. Handy time to change the matrix for a known good one. Chuck it all back together, and no problem.

Except now 6-months down the line, I've started loosing water again and guess what? Yep, the heater smells of coolant again. Sod it. It's not a particularly slow leak either. A tank of fuel = a tank of coolant.

So, has anyone got another known-good heater matrix I can swipe? I really don't want to do the job again, but it's looking like I'll have to.

*walks off, mumbling and grumbling to himself*
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 10 Mar 2008

:( :( Oh dear. What a bastard. :roll:

:) I`ll have a look at the other garage tomorrow....see what we saved off the meteor. Be in touch tomorrow night :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 10 Mar 2008

post on BXC. there was one in the valver when chidders picked it up ,

I wonder if he will let you have it
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 10 Mar 2008

Well mate.....I have 2....but...one was originally in the 16v and started leaking 'just' after I put it on the road and needed it to 'work' for me. I took the lazy option and bunged some K seal in the system. All has been well, but when I broke the heater tap, and had to remove the matrix anyway, I decided to take the one out my TD which was a new unit some 8 yrs ago....I have that one + another allegedly non leaker but not tested...you are welcome to either of 'em mate...
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 10 Mar 2008

got a few lying around, none to hand and i suspect someone else can find one faster, but if you need one in a week then let me know!
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 11 Mar 2008

I've got two used but working and nonleaky matrix's in stock.
You're welcome to one of them if you wish.
Gratis obvioulsey, more so since it's used...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 11 Mar 2008

Philip chidlow on bxc says
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know someone who's got one and might sell. I'll be in touch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wont say I told you so ,

isnt it funny how all the ones on BXP have been offerred to David for nothing
but the one he was given by me which he paid fuck all for

" I know someone who's got one and might sell "

fucking typical , I really wish I had emptied the boot of all the spares

BXP keeping it real
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 12 Mar 2008

Typical really, although if Chidders needed a matrix I'd probably charge him for one.
Since David is a top bloke, as goes for the rest of you on here then obviousley I wouldn't take payment from him for anything he may need that I have.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 12 Mar 2008

I was browsing the club last night and noticed that...the 1st thing that went through my mind was "Didn't Micky include one when he sold the valver" and "I wonder who this 'someone' really is......."

arsehole

Good call Doc :wink: [clap] BXP [rock]
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 12 Mar 2008

:? :? Sorry David I can`t find it....... I`m sure we didn`t get rid of it cos the rest of the heater is here.....You would have been very welcome to it :?
:D fortunately, I think there are enuff offers to cover it 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 12 Mar 2008

Indeed.

I've taken Pilsy up on the offer of an almost-new one which is currently up at vanny's.

If I've got to do this jon AGAIN, then I'll do it with the newest one I can get!
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.