BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Terry
Location: No.1 at the end of the bar...[in the Milton Arms,Rotherham]

That F*ckin' "Y" piece

Post by Terry » 05 Aug 2008

:twisted: Yep ......like it sez in the title .......that b*stard under left hand side of the car ....further to my "tick-tick" thread ..........I found the car was leaking a bit of LHM from the accumator shere ...... :x
No probs thinks I ....its only a low pressure return ....Just tighten it up ...
Big mistake [no] :shock: :evil:
I only pulled the other end of the pipe off the "Y" joint :twisted: ...and then pulled a second pipe off it,whilst trying to pull it though to put the first one on. :twisted: :twisted:
F*ck me :twisted: ...........took me four f*ckin hours to get it all back,and theres a litre of LHM all over the drive now :twisted:

Any body got a trained ferret with muscles like Arnie Schwarzeneger to lend me lend me for the next time I need to f*ck about like that.

B*stard Car :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sorry guys ...........rant over .... :wink: .....I had to vent off somewhere [wave] ....and even my dogs f*cked off outa my way :roll:

Tel. :wink:
I've reached the same conclusion in life as my dog ....if I cant eat it,drink it,hump it or fight it ........I'll just piss on it,and walk away.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 05 Aug 2008

erm, which pipe are you talking about cos i'm a little lost on this one
ImageImage

Terry

L/H side of the car,behind that big cross member? front sub-framey? thingy ......"Y" piece joiner,wiv three clear pipes going into it ....one from the rear of the car,one from the front and the other disappears up into the engine bay [somewhere?] ...I think its a part of the low pressure return circuit.
But if thats low pressure,I hate to think wot the high pressure is like :roll: .........I've heard the term "LHM in yer eye" ....but fcuk me .........when it squirts into your ear its no joke ['kin fortunately I wear glases,otherwise it would've gone in my eye].

Now dont tell me it should'nt be there .... :roll: .........although,tbh, I thought sumthing was'nt quite right when I had to start cutting zip-clip/tie-wrap thingies to get at it.

T.
I've reached the same conclusion in life as my dog ....if I cant eat it,drink it,hump it or fight it ........I'll just piss on it,and walk away.

Vanny
Site Admin

low pressure, HI FLOW

official line from citroen is to use TWO seperate return lines, i've used some lovely thin clear pipe used for fish tanks, does the job very well and now i can see whats flowing.
ImageImage

Terry

Vanny wrote: ...official line from citroen is to ....
Use just under a metre of pipe,where one metre is required. :roll:
Vanny wrote: ............. i've used some lovely thin clear pipe used for fish tanks, does the job very well and now i can see whats flowing.
Yup ........thats what I ended up using. :wink:

Still not too sure about the tie-wrap/zip-clippy thingies though :? ......I'm sure that even Citroen [in their infinite wisdom] dont use "them" :roll:

T. :wink:

Vanny
Site Admin

fuck citroen, its what i've done :D
ImageImage

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 05 Aug 2008

High pressure pipes loose all your LHM in seconds simple, great fun, to make you feel better i once undid a brake accumulator on a CX without remembering to de-pressurise the system, I was washing LHM out my hair for weeks.

Id imagine i was lucky the sphere didnt take my head off against the pressure.
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

Vanny
Site Admin

i filled my car up today, got down to 30mpg i think. Oh i also had to pick my mum up from work.
ImageImage