General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: BXclub siteHas it fallen over again?

Post by docchevron132 » 28 Jan 2010

Can't log in at all now!
Ah well....
Got one post in, then it threw me out, again. And I deleted the cookie prevalant to BXC..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 28 Jan 2010

fucking hell, i sit and write something long but usefull and the fucking thing crashes. Pile-o-crapomatic (webfusion) must be fucking up AGAIN!

Code: Select all

Unless something from a Xanita or CX fits then you won't find anything off the shelf. You may find something similar in Peugeot models such as the 405, 309 which might do the trick, but then you'll have the potential problem with oil types. LHM goes well with normal oil hose, but terribly with neoprene based hose, you'd have to check what type of seals are in an off the shelf rack first. 

You could potentially modify an existing rack to give a shorter lock to lock if it is just the number of turns that concern you, but the cost would be astronomical.

However if you just want to get from one end to the other faster then you could add Diravi, increase the normal feed pressure (possibly within the FDV) fit a Xantia HP pump (with twin output, by passing the need for an FDV and giving higher pressure to the ram) or simply stick a second ram on. Okay sticking a second ram on might not sound easy, but i suggest there isn't a lot to it!

If you need a better answer than that then you might need to give some information about intent ie why you want a quick rack, why you think it is the best option, and what the application is actually for as this might impact on the options  (eg a Valver has a rather fat exhaust leaving less space to fit a different rack/ram setup.
ImageImage

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 28 Jan 2010

Vanny wrote: However if you just want to get from one end to the other faster then you could add Diravi, increase the normal feed pressure (possibly within the FDV) fit a Xantia HP pump (with twin output, by passing the need for an FDV and giving higher pressure to the ram) or simply stick a second ram on. Okay sticking a second ram on might not sound easy, but i suggest there isn't a lot to it!
I am fairly ignorant in such matters, but surely doing the above would not alter the gearing, merely making it lighter?
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 28 Jan 2010

Super Vanny wrote:However if you just want to get from one end to the other faster
Read it again, if you want to get from one end ot rack t tother faster then <some stuff> make the steering lighter </some stuff>, its all there is you look.
ImageImage

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 28 Jan 2010

:lol: :lol: :lol: fair enough, although perhaps the same benefit could be had by fitting one of those knobs to the steering wheel that forklifts have [coat]
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 29 Jan 2010

Got one of them on the forklift!
Although the fucking handle keeps falling off..

AFAIK Webfusion have nothing at all to do with BXC or FCF now, both are hosted on Xac's server, I think.
No idea TBH.
I find I have to log in everytime I visit the place, and I get kicked out every time I post a message, or move between forums, so have pretty much given up.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 29 Jan 2010

Don't work at all for me, toadally fooked!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

ed4ferrets
Getting Started

Post by ed4ferrets » 29 Jan 2010

tis working fine for me, eventually got to read doolyfuckwits bollocks postings 8)

tell me what you want, I'll copy it there and paste it here for you :wink: :lol:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 29 Jan 2010

:P well how the fuck does it work for thee & others but mine is screwed??? Nowt wanted specifically mate, fucking frustrating mind!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

ed4ferrets
Getting Started

Post by ed4ferrets » 29 Jan 2010

Never mind, fuck all going on anyway :wink:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 30 Jan 2010

Can log in now..haven't even tried posting.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance