BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

BX 14 - extra temp sender/sensor?

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 17 Feb 2010

Ive never had a 1.4 BX before. Does anyone know if the not connected temp sender unit on the top of the thermostat housing is suitable to drive a temp gauge?

Its obviously one of those citroen, its fitted but you dont have the spec of car to deem fitting a gauge to, type of affair.

Universal tmep gauge from e-bay or what?

id quite like to see the running temps rather then just have a light come when ive warped the head [clap]
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: BX 14 - extra temp sender/sensor?

Post by Philhod » 17 Feb 2010

:shock: Couldn't tell you mate I only run diseasels. I only had one petrol and it was a 1600 Meteor, with everything on.
Actually, the lamp of death doesn't mean that really. Doc drove ...err....a lot of miles with it on the other w/end, due to a blocked rad. 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 17 Feb 2010

Doc's braver than me when it comes to ignoring warning lights obviously :)

I find it surprising that the bean counters at citroen even fitted the sender instead of just a blanking bolt or something.
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 17 Feb 2010

Didn't have much choice really! Although my red lamp of death used to be the yellow lamp of impending death, so it wasn't quite that bad..

Anyway, yes a standard temp sensor will screw straight in replacing the red lamp of death sensor, you can use the wire for that sensor and re route it to the back of the instrument PCB to run a proper BX guage that will screw straight in.
I've done a fair few now, 14TU's included!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 19 Feb 2010

interesting, you say screw in a temp sensor...............dont need to, its already there, sitting in the 'stat housing.

The warning light one is there, all working etc (i checked it out cos' im paranoid) just also has this other sender obviously never used , no marks on the spade connector to indicate its ever had anything ther either. So basically i think i only need the gauge to go into the clocks and some wiring, bobs ya uncle.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 19 Feb 2010

Would this be any good for you mate?
Image Image Image Image

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 19 Feb 2010

mat_the_cat wrote:Would this be any good for you mate?

Yes indeedy, Ta.

On my watch list now :)