BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
jonathan_dyane

Re: Rumble in my Jungle

Post by jonathan_dyane » 09 Apr 2010

Thing is, all cars need fixage, and being too tight and cynical to risk going to a garage I've still got to fix whatever I drive. Given that I much prefer being behind the wheel of something I enjoy, it's an easy one for me...
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 09 Apr 2010

Likewise - I think I've seen the light now and the BX will be back on the road shortly! Although the Megane is a more modern car, handles well and feels mechanically 'tighter' than the rest of the fleet I just can't enjoy driving it. I have to sit in a very odd position for my head to (almost) clear the roof and it feels soulless.
I like the idea of having a car I can just jump in and drive, not care about and that doesn't need me to fix it (like a company car perhaps?) but realistically it's not going to happen, plus I don't enjoy driving new cars. The Megane is 14 years old (new in my eyes!), and Renaults don't tend to age well -I'll stick with what I know!
Image Image Image Image

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 09 Apr 2010

The best 'jump in and drive' car I had was the wonderfully decrepid 306, which gave wonderful service. If (like most cars) it wasn't too small for me, I probably would have preserved it. Aside from going on fire a bit, it never put a foot wrong.
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 09 Apr 2010

Aside from going on fire a bit, it never put a foot wrong.
That's like being a bit dead. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 22 Apr 2010

:lol: :lol: :lol: You didn't see the paint job! Awesomely cool! 8)
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die