General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Sorry

Post by Philhod » 20 Jun 2011

:) Beer has everything to do with it Bandit. That I can attest to :roll:

Good for Charlie....I thought he had demised :P

I quite fancy doing a full rebuild of a deux chevau again, but fit the 1130cc motor.

I posted about doing one of those ages back. It's more than 25 years since I did that job.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 20 Jun 2011

Bx Bandit wrote:You know I think being hungover (or not) has quite a bit to do with it [chin] Still, I shall finish it off next week. Charlie plans to sell the cream machine and buy a 2CV! :mrgreen:
So, if I understand it correctly Mr B (Hi!), You're welding Charlie's BX so he can sell it in in order to buy something that may rot considerably faster... A case of frying pans and fires, n'est-ce-pas? No offence meant to Charlie (Hi too, Charlie, if you're reading), but I suspect you'll be seeing him soon again for something similar.

I walked past a tin snail yesterday that looked fine from a distance, but quickly came to the conclusion I'd be walking past it a damn sight quicker if it were for sale - rot in just about every visible seam and some other things about to fall off in a non-rotting way as well. I can't deny the appeal though, if they weren't so damned expensive for what they are. But then everything is nowadays.

I can't talk though. I saw the T-reg Fiesta I bought my daughter about 3 years ago last week, and dared to look underneath. She said it'd had 'a bit of welding' last year for the MOT. A 'bit of welding' turned out to be a 3ft-long patch on the driver's side rear sill. I ducked under the other side, and thought "well, at least the two sills will match if she decides to keep it past another MOT".

catsinthewelder
Getting Started

Post by catsinthewelder » 21 Jun 2011

I'd agree about beer and metalwork. The only time that I've ever managed to fire weld (blacksmithing method) was after turning up at college still pissed from the night before. I think that may have been one of the days that I set fire to my trousers :mrgreen:

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 21 Jun 2011

:lol: :lol: Firewelding does tend to make a few sparks. not recommended to mix with beer is that one mate. You only have a 75 degree margin. Outside of that it either doesn't stick or you've burned it.

Real fun with a wet anvil 8) :evil:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.