General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: One for The Doc

Post by docchevron132 » 25 May 2010

First have depots all over the land that have been mothballed. All the rolling stock is there, computers, chairs, paperwork, everything, i find it sad but not creepy really..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 May 2010

Yeah I think that's why I'm not that interested really.
When our assembly shop closed, it was the biggest facility in Europe.

1/3rd of a mile long, 180 ft wide and 120 ft high, with 4 cranes rated at 150 tons sitting on tracks 75ft up.
Because the work was transferred to Fr****, all the equipment was left in for a while, just nobody there. I didn't find that eerie, just plain sad. Which makes me so angry. sorry I mean made me angry. :oops:

Anyway it's all been flattened now to be part of the extended container terminal, so it's not sad any more....just ....gone!!
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 25 May 2010

Agree about the places as if they were just walked out of. On that 28 days later site is a nursing home thats in Kettering, it was closed due to lack of funds, but the thing is, its like people are still there, cups of half drunk orange on the side, newspapers open, christmas tree up etc etc They basically must have just rushed in, deposited the old people outside and locked the doors, its fucking criminal. the place is sooooo creepy, its like land that time forgot.
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!