BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 30 Nov 2007

you picky bastard :!:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 30 Nov 2007

no really the focus has a hideous design
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 30 Nov 2007

Vanny wrote:
barnsley bxer wrote:
Vanny wrote:i said my personal best was 3 hours! There is a difference! It typically takes me a day (sometimes a day and a bit dependant on when i turn to the bottle), but my first one took 3 weeks!!!!!

but a decent realistic time is two days for someone who isn't doing it all the time. I think so far in my illustrious career the BX has been by far the best designed car for doing the job on.
I beg to differ.Try a 85 Cavalier 3/4 hour start to finish.Fabulous design.Should have been made compulsory on all cars

how can you beg to differ with my personal experince?
I meant that in red you picky bastard...........
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 01 Dec 2007

docchevron1472 wrote:Thanks for understanding mate....
thats all right buddy I have just drunk about a tenth of the beer I had bought in in case you turned up

a handfull of bishops finger , a couple of hobgoblins , and a squadron of spitfires
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 01 Dec 2007

That`s better 8) Just had a couple of pints to set me right again. Fastest I`ve ever done a BX clutch is all day :D There is a company up here making replacement clutches labeled heavy duty, supposedly for diesels.
The last one I fitted is still going strong and it`s done k`s & K`s of miles
I think it must be slightly thicker coz I had to make a shorter bit of bar to go in the adjuster. I`ts on the standard bar now and I`ve made a longer one too to give a bit more adjustment as the clutch starts to die :D

Do not scoff at Vauxhall clutch change times. :x They developed a system where you could remove a tin casing, pull forward the first motion shaft, slide out the old and slide in the new :lol: :lol:
They also came up with one of the best tappet adjustment systems Ihave ever seen :shock: The valve stems "sat" on taper screws with a flat on; one turn in reduced the gap by .003" one screw out by .003" very cool 8) 8) 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 01 Dec 2007

TD / 16V I can do in about 2 1/2hours (ish), depending on how many fag breaks I have.
The Vauxhall was a gem, I actually did one at the side of the road, in a suit, in under 30 minutes. brilliant design.
The Focus / Mondildo is just utter utter wank.

The longest I ever got out of the TD in the days when it was a 19n/a was 274,000 miles. As it went, the clutch was still serviceable, but the gearbox broke the bell housing and died, so I stuffed a clutch in it when I changed the gearbox. But I reckpn it had at least another 100K in it.

Depends how you drive I guess...

I trashed a new clutch in 9K when the TD went in.......
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 08 Dec 2007

clutch now done , along with a little plate welded to the boot floor where the tailpipe rubber mounting hook is and finally got around to changing the fuel filter

silly smile successfully returned to my face
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 08 Dec 2007

[clap]