Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 21 Dec 2007

wot the fuks goin on

is it stellar naviation or wot

:roll:

stu
Established

Post by stu » 21 Dec 2007

Never driven a Dyane, but that driving style reminds me of the way I drove Sally when I was in Italy!

<long-winded nostalgic post>
Cheers,
Stu

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 22 Dec 2007

My first car was a Dyane, complete with sunshine floor!! :shock:

One technical difference between that, and the 2cv, is the fan ducting is different on the dyane, some of the cooling air is forced into the carb air intake, thus a VERY mild super-charging effect is achieved.

That's why if you listen to a 2cv, and a dyane, they sound different.

Annother thing that non-2cv people may not know, is that models after 1982/3 use LHM instead of break fluid.....
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Terry
Location: No.1 at the end of the bar...[in the Milton Arms,Rotherham]

Post by Terry » 22 Dec 2007

Hi Smiffy ...........The Dyane also used 9/1 pistons instead of the 2CV's 8.5/1 ..the Dyane motor was rated at 32 [or was it 34?] bhp instead of the 2CV's 29bhp............also the Dyane started using LHM around 1977/78,the Ami 8's had always used LHM .......................it was when Citroen started fitting disc brakes to various "A" series cars that that the fluids changed.
I suspect that the LHM "discer" gearboxes [the f. brakes are inboard mounted on the gearbox] were fitted to Dyanes when the Ami ceased production,and to the 2CV when the Dyanes were discontinued.
The Dyane is [imho] a totally better car than the 2CV ................I wish I could have bought a new one when I bought my present 2CV in 1988.
Sadly,although the Dyane was meant to replace the 2CV,it did'nt last as long in production.
[I've had five Dyanes and two 2CV's since I bought my first dyane in 1973 .......and I've never been without an "A" series since then]
btw .......I like the "aviator" I would'nt mind one meself of an A4 "kettle" :wink:
Tel.
I've reached the same conclusion in life as my dog ....if I cant eat it,drink it,hump it or fight it ........I'll just piss on it,and walk away.