BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 12 Mar 2008

Bloody hell, I was only paying about £300 full comp for ther CX GTi turbo!

john s
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 12 Mar 2008

stu wrote:
David wrote:
stu wrote:I can get a 19 insured for literally half what I'm paying on the XM.
Blimey! What are you paying on the XM?
Five hundred of your English pounds :(
*chokes on coffee*

You WHAT?

I was paying £220ish for the CX DTR Turbo 2 Safari, and haven't paid more than £250 for nearly 10 years. That's included various powerful cars with much more go than an XM 2.0. My BX DTR turbo costs £161 per annum with all the trimmings.

Even the bloody van only costs £140 per annum to insure!
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 Mar 2008

Philhod wrote::shock: :shock: Why didn`t you just tell them it was a TD with a valver body kit 8) 8) 8)

Well worth a try :oops: :oops:

yes because with the high level of mature, insured, well paid drivers in liverpool, taking a chance on an insurance valuer not clocking the car is worth the chance :(
ImageImage

stu
Established

Post by stu » 12 Mar 2008

David wrote:
stu wrote:
David wrote:Blimey! What are you paying on the XM?
Five hundred of your English pounds :(
*chokes on coffee*

You WHAT?

I was paying £220ish for the CX DTR Turbo 2 Safari, and haven't paid more than £250 for nearly 10 years. That's included various powerful cars with much more go than an XM 2.0. My BX DTR turbo costs £161 per annum with all the trimmings.

Town centre, parked in the street and a recent accident. Annoyingly one of the reasons I chose an XM over a Xantia was because the insurance was so high on Xants.

1984 BX 1.9 diesel £250. I'll have one of THOSE, please.
Cheers,
Stu

stu
Established

Post by stu » 14 Mar 2008

stu wrote:
David wrote:
stu wrote: Five hundred of your English pounds :(
*chokes on coffee*

You WHAT?

Town centre, parked in the street and a recent accident. Annoyingly one of the reasons I chose an XM over a Xantia was because the insurance was so high on Xants.

1984 BX 1.9 diesel £250. I'll have one of THOSE, please.
Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!

Just rang my current insurer to see if they could beat the £250 quote (from CIS through confused.com, incidentally). They want an *extra* £96 for the BX RD so if I buy it I will be telling them where to stick it! I've confirmed I can cancel it, so I look forward to that!
Cheers,
Stu

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Mar 2008

Who the fuck are insured with mate?
Gold plated insureres r us of Lewes Ltd????
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

stu
Established

Post by stu » 14 Mar 2008

Towergate Underwriting, through Timmy's broker friend. I've been with them since I bought the grey TXD off him and they've always given me very good prices, but they seem to have suddenly gone completely insane.

Been going through my paperwork this morning - I'm actually paying them £475 for the XM. The lowest quote I could find elsewhere was still £435 so I didn't bother changing. I would have if they'd stuck with Equity Red Star, though. They can fuck right off with that quote for the BX.
Cheers,
Stu

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 14 Mar 2008

I'm about the same as Dave - £165 3pf&t. The Xantia is about double that and thats after a ring round toi get a few quotes. All the more reason to sell the bugger and run the BX's...
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Mar 2008

:? I`ve always worked through a broker....err mate?????

I`m paying £420 fully comp, bonus protected and insured for using it for my employers business...This is for the Picasso.... the BX was only about £30 less :roll:
I`ve enquired about insuring the BX for the summer trips to meets and stuff (limited miles) and just taxing for 6 months, so it is registered sorn for the other 6 and the bastards still want £199!!! theiving bastards :x
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 14 Mar 2008

When my insurance comes up, I'm gonna check out multiple car policies.
I intend to have one of my CX's on the road this year....
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

PiLsY.

Post by PiLsY. » 14 Mar 2008

Im paying £354 fully comp on the gti through Halifax (esure) with 9 points and 2 years no claims (no claims or accidents). I tried through esure direct and it changed daily between £395 and "we are unable to insure this vehicle". The next from that was more than at £435 and then the post office at £505.

I'm very pleased with that price - its FAR lower than I was expecting (having paid just shy of £800 for the TZD estate last year on 1 years no claims through endsleigh).

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 15 Mar 2008

I shant tell you how much I'm paying for my two BX's then, it's quite alot..
given I have no points, and no at fault claims it's a bit frightening, even more so since the diesel is more expensive than the valver...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Terry
Location: No.1 at the end of the bar...[in the Milton Arms,Rotherham]

Post by Terry » 15 Mar 2008

Me? ..........
BX tzd £176 FC,no excess.
2CV £118 FC [agreed value £3,500]
Bikes £179 FC n/e [four bikes.1x650cc,2x500's & 1x250cc] NU "Rider Policy"
I s'pose being an old twat has its advantages.
I've reached the same conclusion in life as my dog ....if I cant eat it,drink it,hump it or fight it ........I'll just piss on it,and walk away.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 Mar 2008

:shock: :shock:
You`ll av ter show me ow tu do it Tel: I`m an even older twat.......
No points..... One minor accident 4 years ago..(my fault) :oops: and I have £100 excess.
Granted I do a lot of miles.... but they don`t count that....still feel I`m being ripped off now :x

Terry
Location: No.1 at the end of the bar...[in the Milton Arms,Rotherham]

Post by Terry » 15 Mar 2008

I forgot to mention.......I'm limited to 5000miles per year with the BX & 2CV ..............I'm under that with the 2CV,but pushing my luck with the BX.
Totally clean licence for 41 years [fookin'ell :cry: :roll: .............is it that long,am I that old :? ] ..........last accident was 16 years ago [bike,my fault]...never claimed for a car accident.
I suspct a lot of it is to do with your postcode/is it garaged etc too.
I've reached the same conclusion in life as my dog ....if I cant eat it,drink it,hump it or fight it ........I'll just piss on it,and walk away.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 Mar 2008

:( :( Had a lot of speeding points in my bike days :oops:

The only accident I`ve had is quite funny......looking back!!!

I was behind this woman at a T junction..... both the road we were in, and the road we were turning into, were one way streets, so we could only turn left....... She pulls out...I glance to my right and follow her.....unfortunately she decides to stop in the middle of the road...for no apparent reason...Phil touches up her rear :oops: Tiny mark on her placky bumper.... busted headlight and curly end to bonnet on the BX...5mph tops.

Boy was I mad ...at the time coz the reason she stopped was................
There was a pedestrian crossing on the road we were turning into...just to the right ...as we were turning left....she saw the red man sign...and thought she had to stop....unbelieveable wimmin :roll: :roll: :lol:

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 15 Mar 2008

This is the easiest type of accident to have going into a roundabout, you never can assume that the guy in front won't stop again although you have just seen him enter it! :shock:(you need an oscillating head at this moment :wink: )
1991 BX19GTi Auto