Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

BJs

Post by Bx Bandit » 10 Mar 2008

Ball Joints you filthy minded fuckers....
Recently bought a pair from Euro Car Parts as they stock the Lemforder ones which are original equipment. At twice the price of those available at GSF it was a bit of a gamble, but having had the valver one fail so quickly and I'm pretty sure the Xanty one has gone as well, I thought I'd get 'em......I have to say that they do seem better quality, the rubber seems tougher (allways re-assuring is tough rubber :lol: )

I also decided to get a track rod end from ecp as well as the hi-line ones from GSF are twice the price and were always sold incorrectly (i.e. when ordering an o/s....you'd get the right 'box' with the right part number...but it was a n/s t.r.e.) also, they're 5mm shorter than the originals taken off the car so the tracking goes all to fuck. Anway, turns up it's a Lemforder as well....but the joint doesn't feel tight...it's not loose, but others have always been quite difficult to move by hand, yet this one is easy.....

Is it a dodgy having a loose 'bj' you think? Not as in dangerous but if it's not that tight I can only assume it'll have reduced longevity...what thinks you lot?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 10 Mar 2008

BJ's by there nature should move, i suspect cheap fling em together jobs will have such poor dimensional tollerance that they are stiff not by design but by a lack of it. question is, it there PLAY in the joint?
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 10 Mar 2008

no mate, no play at all. The lower b/js by lemferoder are stiff ....perhaps by design....??? But all the t.r.e. I've bought previously have been stiff by comparison....
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 10 Mar 2008

:D :D :? Aha bi god and begorrah.Can ye be tellin me whoy ye be buyin dem in TRE`s

< he shouts in Irish accent> :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 10 Mar 2008

Philhod wrote::D :D :? Aha bi god and begorrah.Can ye be tellin me whoy ye be buyin dem in TRE`s

< he shouts in Irish accent> :wink:
coz if it dont stop raining soon we will all be living in trees

paddy and sheamus are out looking for work

Paddy sees a sign and says to Sheamus we should have brought connor with us

Sheamus says whys that Paddy

Paddy says because the sign says tree fellers wanted and theres only the two of us

[coat]
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 10 Mar 2008

:lol: :lol: :lol: I likes that a lot

You had some rain then.... darn s***h

It`s pissed down here as well but at leased it has stopped now and again
:P :P
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.