BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Vanny
Site Admin

Group purchase

Post by Vanny » 08 Apr 2008

After all this dissaster with the pipes i have every intention of trying to reduce some of the massively inflated prices we are paying on some of the basics! I mean Halfords want £7 for a litre of own brand LHM+, my local factor wants £25 for 5 litres of non branded LHM+ (i mean, come on, non branded!) Morris' website wants £11 fucking quid for a litre of there brand LHM+. Thats just a joke!

So, here is what i've found;

*Total will sell me LHM pluss in 16x1litre bottles or 208Litre barrels at a reduced rate (negotiating rates)
*The 2CV man is willing to do bulk order prices on connectors. No numbers but i'm thinking in the region of 200 (at 28p) to 500 (at 25p). He will also do seals, but i understand that the seals are just cut up pieces of hose, so i reckon the hose can be sourced as its just regular oil resistant hose (LHM being a mineral oil).
*I have found a company in Indian that will make Cupro Nickel tubing to any specifications!

Would anyone be interested in bulk order?
ImageImage

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 08 Apr 2008

Id be in for a bit of that :) LHM and pipe bits.
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 08 Apr 2008

hmmm....would those volumes work mate - we're quite a small group, especially considering 200+ connectors. The LHM deal could work, although with 3 cars averaging not more than 20,000 p.a. between them, it'll take a while before then next LHM change (unless they decide to dump their blood like yours just has! :wink: )
Don't want to piss on your fireworks nor nuffink....
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

stu
Established

Post by stu » 09 Apr 2008

Bandit's right that we're small - what about opening it up to BXC, CXC and the GS/A mailing list and forum?
Cheers,
Stu

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: Group purchase

Post by Way2go » 09 Apr 2008

Vanny wrote:Morris' website wants £11 fucking quid for a litre of there brand LHM+. Thats just a joke!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I bought this Morris LHM+ from GSF 2nd half of last year for £3 + Vat per Litre! :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 09 Apr 2008

whay do you think its in the open area of the forum?

but seriously, i will need HELP as much as customers, shifting stock is possibly not a problem but having the support of people with enthusiasn for the product and knowledge of the market is pretty important! thats where you lot come in, ideas like these you have posted!

Think of anything else?

i know total do 208 litre drums of quartz 7000! and i reckont here will be a huge saving
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 09 Apr 2008

I'd be in that.
I get througha frightening amount of engine oil, gear oil, LHM and other service items.

hydraulic specific bits are always useful.
Infact of all the union's and pipe I've bought for my cars, I've only actually made two pipes for my car, the rest went on other peoples cars...

Dont forget Bandit, regardless of mileage LHM should be dumped every two years regardless.
It's amazing what a difference it makes.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 09 Apr 2008

the sicko in me is looking forward to some nice new LHM
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2008

I didn't know about LHM being dumper every two years Doc! I learn summat knew every time I log on! :lol: :wink: I can believe it does make a difference as well, every couple of weeks after a change is awesome as you notice the difference.

Engine oil would be worth getting in bulk. Don't get me wrong, I just couldn't see 200+ unions going very fast....

I also can't add funds till I'm earning myself, which at a guess is approx 1 year away...
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 09 Apr 2008

I've used probably over 100 unions in the last 12 months, and only about 4 of those were for me!

I'll bung some fundage into bulk buy, if you pick the right time of the month! (Financially, not rag wise)
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2008

docchevron1472 wrote:I've used probably over 100 unions in the last 12 months, and only about 4 of those were for me!
Yeah but that's you...........you Union Unuch :wink:

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 09 Apr 2008

Vanny wrote:or 208Litre barrels at a reduced rate (negotiating rates)
What sort of rates are you getting / hoping for? I bought a 20 litre pot of LHM from GSF a while back for just fractionally over £50 (delivered!) and thought that (at £2.52/litre) was quite good.

If you were to be able to negotiate a good price (I'm thinking something in the order of under £400/drum) then that would be well worth it. Even if you don't use very much of it, it's the sort of thing that could be taken to shows/meets and sold out of the back of my van (honest guv) to anyone and everyone who needs it. Selling enough to do an LHM change (4 litres) for a tenner sounds like a bargain to me, and would make enough cash to buy the next drum... and so on.

After all, a 208 litre drum is 52 cars worth of LHM, or 1'560'000 miles in one car, which I doubt any one person is going to achieve!
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 10 Apr 2008

David wrote: After all, a 208 litre drum is 52 cars worth of LHM, or 1'560'000 miles in one car, which I doubt any one person is going to achieve!
Dont bet on it! I'm well over 500,000 miles in the TD now, well, bits of it!

And thats all MY miles!
And I'm only 28, so plenty more years of driving in it yet, unless I die or the government ban cars....
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 10 Apr 2008

THe oil from GSF was £72.85 including the vat and collected from the store. I new it had gone up, but the last one i bought was only £55 ish delivered (i'll have a receipt some where). That works out as £3.65 a litre which isn't bad but it is not wonderful! I am happy to pay the premium for the Total oil though!

I now have;
20x 3.5mm connectors and seals
10x 4.5mm connactors and seals
12.5m of 4.5mm pipe

I'm HOPING that more things have been delivered to my parents, a lot has gone there as i dont trust the thieving scouse posties!

I also have a box of brand new welding gauntlets delivered, sot about £12 including the postage for 10 of them. THere not so much for welding as for motorsport marshalling where they are amazingly useful! The Liverpool Motorclub Marshals are having most of them, but theres likely to me another order going in for more.
ImageImage

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 12 Apr 2008

OK, the sooner this happens the better, i've just been to get some LHM for the GSA that has burst a pipe in readiness for when i've bunged a new one on. Had to pay 5 quid a litre in the local factors (i would have bought a 5 litre one but was told they dont bother stocking those anymore) and its only comma brand LHM plus.

Wankers.
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 12 Apr 2008

Stinkwheel(Matt) wrote: i've just been to get some LHM .........Had to pay 5 quid a litre in the local factors
Do you not have a local GSF? Their Morris LHM+ is £3.50 a litre and don't we also get 10% off for being a BXC member? :D I've used GSF & Cafco for LHM since being stung a few years ago in Halfrauds at £5+ a litre! :evil:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 12 Apr 2008

PS: Just checked web info & you can get the cost down further at GSF by buying a 20 litre container of TOTAL LHM+ at £62, this will equal £2.79 per litre after our 10% discount. :D :D Even after VAT this is only £3.28/Litre. :shock:

pps: Vanny, this looks the same initial price without discount that you referred to as oil in a post above so guess you meant LHM. Did you try them on the discount that JKW is supposed to have negociated for us? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 Apr 2008

Yes your quite right i did mean LHM+ and not oil, the LHM is sat down staiars and i can assure is VERY green!! Anyone can register for a 10% discount and i have been enjoying such a discount since 2001, thing is though i can pretty much always find it cheaper (especially the Halfords trade card). Also, the 10% discount only applies to 'common stock items' which the 2 litre LHM is not, we put it through the system though (neither myself nor the salesman thought there would be discount) and low and behold there wasn't any!

I dont have GSF discount cards spare at the moment (i had 50+ at one point), but they are relatively easy to obtain and not something special that JKW has arranged.
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 12 Apr 2008

[chin] I`ve just been looking through this lot....... :?

Quite confused ....but they may be resonably priced...
....for all I know :roll:
text www.sales@opieoils.co.ukcolor=red]text[/color]

what do you think ???
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 12 Apr 2008

Did you mean this
dude?

B...B...B...But they don't list LHM :shock: