Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

KEEP EM PEELED

Post by mickey taker » 07 Jul 2008

had a text from a mate this morning to say his van has ben stolen during the night

its a white LDV convoy reg S 186 UPV

Pete is a cabinet maker by trade so his van is needed for his work

I am guessing it was taken from the Thame Oxfordshire area as helives in that region

I wont put Petes number on here but if you pm me I will pass on any sightings
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 07 Jul 2008

Two places to look before you do anything: a) local traveller's camp. Yeah, I know it's stereotypical to say that but vans are always a favourite with them and I'm sure they're not all bad.
B) Local waste metal yard. NOT scrapyard but metal merchants. Find a bit of old shit tow eigh in and go down there keeping a close eye on all the shit in the yard.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 08 Jul 2008

more details of the van

my LDV Convoy was stolen from near the M40 in Oxfordshire last night (Sunday) reg S186 UPV, it's a super high top, with a very distinguishing spot light above the passenger side of the windscreen on the slope of the roof, two orange beacons on the top and a black spinning vent on the roof, a large metal step on the back, and a dent above each rear light cluster, the n/s has black Kurust painted onto the dent. It doesn't have the standard red fuel filler cap, instead it is a later replacement black one. It's a turbo ford engined version.

It was loaded with a load of custom made panels waiting to go to a job, they are worthless to anyone else, but have taken me weeks of hard work and effort, plus all my tools, it's soul destroying to say the least, not to mention the cost that's involved. If you spot it, please contact the police, and send me a PM. Many thanks indeed.

Image[/quote]
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 08 Jul 2008

the vans been recovered , some damage but nothing terrible and more importantly the work has been recovered as well

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 09 Jul 2008

Fantastic news! :D Have they caught the bastards? :evil:

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate

BX Owner, December 2003-October 2011

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 09 Jul 2008

not yet but they are doing forensics on the van,

they clipped a fence with it so there is some bumper trim missing ,

they stole the stereo and reversing camera screen ,

broke a window and ignition to steal it and broke the window between the cab and the van body to gain access to the back.

evidently they dumped it because it ran out of fuel , the gauge shows a quarter full when its emty :lol: