Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Me Triumph 2thou

Post by Bx Bandit » 21 Nov 2008

Me & Charlie picked her up today before the next 12 months rent kicked in on Wednesday. At £200 a year and with over 300 caravans/cars & even an ambulance there this farmer must be making a fuck load of dosh!

Anyway, I come to put the battery on and have a go at starting the car and notice that not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 of my fucking leads have been chewed in two by.....dunno....fucking rats? The cheeky bastards!

So we have to use the winch on the trailer. So we unwinds it and get it rigged up to the car and start winding, only for the fucking webbing to just fall off the winch cos the cock sucker who used it before us must of broke it! In the end we had to tow the triumph onto the trailer. Anyway, after that it went without a hitch ( [coat] ) and now the old girl is sleeping on my driving dribbling her lovely red auto fluid all over me drive!

I'll try to get some piccies tomorrow but she's in a sorry state :(
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 21 Nov 2008

[worthless]
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 21 Nov 2008

:) I think I related this one before

Back in the late 60`s / early 70`sI made a fortune out of these cars.

The rear suspension is anchored to the body by 2 struts, with rubberized joints at either end. The inner end connects to the body in the seat squab
well, which, of course, rusted through and then you really found out what rear wheel steering was all about.

I made prefabricated corner pieces ( or my apprentices did), with the hole
already drilled. So all I had to do was remove the loose bolt, reattach through said piece, tack, remove bolt/arm, weld, spray sum paint and re attach.
Whole job took 15/20 mins and I charged £1 a side.
Taken that my firm paid me £22 for a whole week at that time and I usually had a queue on Saturdays I wasn`t working, it was good money.
8) 8) 8) 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: Me Triumph 2thou

Post by Way2go » 22 Nov 2008

Bx Bandit wrote:At £200 a year and with over 300 caravans/cars & even an ambulance there this farmer must be making a fuck load of dosh!
:shock: £60,000 just for storing them with no responsibilities for looking after them? That's straight profit if the farm is still also producing!

Pity it's not that straightforward for all of us to make such easy money. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 22 Nov 2008

Cool fix Phil! I think you could of charged more than a quid by the sounds of it!

I forgot the camera today but I'll take some pics tomorrah - I feel a tinkerin comin on!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 22 Nov 2008

I know hoe you feel about the rats chewing through your wiring harness.

I fucking hate rats!
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 22 Nov 2008

:P You`re never more than 6 feet from a rat ! :P

:lol: :lol: Hey Bandit at the beginning of the 60`s My wages were
£1-50 a week and that £1-50 bought my train ticket from Wigan to Manchester and my dinners in the canteen, for a whole week.

Everything is relative :lol: :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 22 Nov 2008

The questio is Phil, why the fuck would you want to go to Manchester?
The place is a shithole!

I must come visit young Bandit!
I aint played with old cars for fucking years now!
And yes, rats are fucking evil bastard things....
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 22 Nov 2008

Always welcome mate! The rats have just gone for the ign leads, so an easy fix at least. Those and a vac advance tube and the car cover strap. Hopefully, they haven't touched any of the actual wiring but I've not had chance to look.
I remember now smiffy that you had rat problems with the cx. What is it with them and wires then?

"Go and climb a fucking pylon yer bastards...."

Fuck me Phil £1.50 went along way in them there days! Nostalgia aside, would you rather be then or now?

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 22 Nov 2008

Bx Bandit wrote:Nostalgia
I'm unconvinced about nostalgia, it's definitely not as good as it used to be.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 22 Nov 2008

docchevron1472 wrote:The question is Phil, why the fuck would you want to go to Manchester?
The place is a shithole!
cos he was starting in Wigan, have you been to Wigan Doc?
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 22 Nov 2008

:lol: :lol: Your right Doc. 50 years ago it was one big shithole.

The Pits were still working in Wigan and everything was covered in fuckin coaldust, which improved slightly when it rained. Hang on....no it didn`t :(

The Steelworks at Irlam was still going full blast<sic> and Trafford Park, where I worked was the biggest Industrial estate certainly in Europe, if not the world. There were still bomb craters everywhere and large bitz of Manchester were still big empty spaces or construction sites, Oh and the docks was still in full swing.

Every where was polluted, even the trains belched out smoke to add to the pea soup from the factory chimneys. The smogs of the early 60`s were something to behold. You could not see further than 3 or 4 feet around you,driving was impossible and it saw off dozens of old people whose lungs were fucked anyway, from working in all that shit.

No I`m not nostalgic Bandit, that`s how it really was. As david said nostalgia certainly isn`t what it was, :wink:
We worked longer hours and although things cost a lot less our wages were shit. My £1-50 bought all that but you notice there was nothing left.
It wasn`t till the 70`s that we got fed up with all the crap and started to strike against the bastards :P :P

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 22 Nov 2008

David wrote:
Bx Bandit wrote:Nostalgia
I'm unconvinced about nostalgia, it's definitely not as good as it used to be.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A certain part of me thinks I was born in wrong era TBH, I read Fred Dibnah's biography and found the whole chimney smoked industrial town ideaology really romantic, but in reality I guess it was utter shite to live in.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 22 Nov 2008

docchevron1472 wrote: A certain part of me thinks I was born in wrong era TBH, I read Fred Dibnah's biography and found the whole chimney smoked industrial town ideaology really romantic, but in reality I guess it was utter shite to live in.
It was reet good for thems that knew no better

I would love to have been in my 20's in the mid 60's if that makes sense
born just after the war .

I think they must have been some of the best times Britain ever knew ,

just stepping out of the gloom of war as victors , winning the world cup in 66 , cheap beer

sort of the time heartbeat is set in ,great cars , cops with a bit more savvy and a bit less rule book and kids who respected there elders.
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 23 Nov 2008

:) :) :) Reality beckons I`m afraid Mickey. I was 20 in 64 and when you said them as knew no better, you hit de nail right on th`ed.
Our generation knew fuck all. We left school at 15 and were as green as an 8 yearold today....erm make that probably a 6 yearold :o

I can`t describe the difference to today, it`s just too much of a chasm.
We had had nowt ! not even leckie in our house. I don`t know about victors Mickey, the country was flat broke, there was nothing to buy, we were still on rationing till 1953.
Dad...yes you can have some sweets son....oh sorry I have no points

Mind we grew up fast once we started work- and soon came to realise that we wern`t part of the Tory spiel of "white hot technology"
No we were there to do the work, not to join in the success.
Come the late 60`s/70`s we forced them to pay us more. That`s when we started to have fun, buy the cars you talk about.
But what happened next?
The powers that be called us greedy bastards for wanting out share and withdrew their investments, closed companies, put us all out of work and put their money into banking.
Look where that got us, and now I have to pay to bail those same bastards out, coz the greedy bastards have fucked that up too.

I`d sooner starve than give them the snot off the end of me nose.

Oh for fucks sake where have I put those rose tinted glasses :P :P :(

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 08 Dec 2008

Philhod wrote: Everything is relative :lol: :lol:
You should move to s***h Wales, I believe everyone there is a relative too :D
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Dec 2008

Madcav wrote:
Philhod wrote: Everything is relative :lol: :lol:
You should move to s***h Wales, I believe everyone there is a relative too :D
I used to love my relatives, My Aunt Ethel became an M&S Madras, cousin Shaun was a Spar microwave shepherds pie and my sister Martha made it to T&A's Kebab House in Cardiff - she always was the ambitious one!!! :lol:

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 09 Dec 2008

wheres the pictures of this fucking car then Bandit
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Dec 2008

Ummmmmmmmm, untaken :oops: It's under a cover and I ain't had chance to take it off yet since it came back. I'll have to move it out the way to get rid of the TGD so in the new year at the latest!!!!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Re: Me Triumph 2thou

Post by Bx Bandit » 13 Jan 2009

The bastard fucker wouldn't start today!!!!! New leads, right firing order, clean points, plugs ok, fuel getting there cos the plugs got damp. Small spark across point contacts and the strobe light flashed so everything seems there! Does petrol's ability to ignite degenerate with age? I think I'll put in a fresh or two tomorrow. There were two odd things though, despite having a good 13-14v at the battery, I was only getting 8v at the coil - and yet I was def getting a spark at the plug...
the other was that at some points even the starter motor was stalling at moments coinciding with me either pulling the choke right out or pressing the throttle - could it be possible that so much petrol was getting it that it was trying to compress a 'drop' of petrol rather than ignite the mixture?