Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Madcav
Site Admin

New toy.

Post by Madcav » 08 Jan 2009

Truck went day before yesterday. Gutted to see it go but paying rent to store it and hardly using the fucker seemed futile really. My new toy is this, but will be up for sale in a week or two to make way for a 3.5 tonne recovery truck...

And the best bits?

It's like a fucking cruise liner and a right laugh to drive!
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Re: New toy.

Post by mickey taker » 08 Jan 2009

thats right rub it in GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

now I have calmed down enough to talk , is it a 94 or is it ( dare I say ) a private plate
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Madcav
Site Admin

Rub what in Mr Taker :?:

It's a 1994 (I think) on a private plate. Apparantly good for 30mpg on a run, though that will be debatable I expect. Seriously tempted to take it off roading as I reckon it'd be a right fucking laugh!
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Madcav wrote:Rub what in Mr Taker :?:
posting about it twice , here and in the temple

Madcav
Site Admin

Sorry dude :oops: .

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 08 Jan 2009

It's a left hooker! :o Just the job to sell to the sorceror for his many jaunts to France! :P :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Madcav
Site Admin

Even better to run him over with!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 08 Jan 2009

Classic USofA stuff mate! So if you're selling this and the 'bad-boy-drug-dealer' Merc, what you getting for new wheels hmmmm?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Madcav
Site Admin

3.5 tonne truck ideally. The Sub even has the ideal number plate: L9 Mickey's Bling Car :D

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

ooo your selling it tome now aint ya Bilster

Madcav
Site Admin

Yeah dude, go for it!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

I was quite tempted til I went to save a picture and it came up entitled luxuryloveliner ,
now I'm worried what you have been doing in it since you picked it up

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 09 Jan 2009

I'm rather interested in that too. I've always rather fancied something large, american, LHD and automatic with a column change.

Don't suppose you know, but I'm guessing it's a GM400 auto box?

As and when you do sell it, how many pictures of the queen will you want?
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 09 Jan 2009

Almost certainly a GM400.
Not bad at all, and almost a bus sized engine!

Nice one Billster the Bling!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 09 Jan 2009

It'll be for sale as soon as the V5 comes back. Only had the new keeper's bit which some gonk had written on so when I taxed it at the DVLA office yesterday they sent off for the V5 for me. It's HPi clear though, I checked that first.
As for price I'm not 100% sure at the moment because they seem difficult to value. I've seen newer less funky models quite cheap but similar ones to mine going for stupid money so will do some investigating and see if I can try and find the going rate and then work it out from there, obviously cheaper to one of the BX gang.
Meanwhile if someone can suggest (sensibly suggest!) a guide price feel free.
Oh, 6 months tax and tested until April. Only known fault (according to last owner) is that the cruise control is temperamental in that sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Obviously I'll make a note of anything else I find out from driving it.
Ps: if someone happens upon a late Mk3 Transit (or similar) beavertailed 3.5 tonne recovery truck with slide away ramps and a decent sized bed I'd be interested in a deal. But no Ivecos please. Not now, not ever!

*Pps: sorry but no idea what box it has, is there a way I can check to find out?

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 09 Jan 2009

That is the über fuckin DADDY! 8)

I can well see you turning up to work in that David.

Billy, we want video evidence with sound, of what this mofo sounds like when you floor it.

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate

BX Owner, December 2003-October 2011

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 09 Jan 2009

whats it really like Billy ,

bodywork (rust , scratches ,dents), interior (splits, fagburns , bolster wear), any other probs, any service history , mileage, when was it imported ?

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 09 Jan 2009

GMC subbys seem to be rarer over here than the chevy model ( dont know what the differences were apart from trim ).

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Jan 2009

mnde wrote:That is the über fuckin DADDY! 8)

I can well see you turning up to work in that David.

Billy, we want video evidence with sound, of what this mofo sounds like when you floor it.

Mark.
I want the vid of him with Duffy and Stacey doin' the 3 legged shuffle!

(please blur your hairy bolx when editing video (no need to bother with cock blurring tho'))
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die