Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

a little AX to grind

Post by mickey taker » 18 Jan 2009

the ax has hardly turned a wheel since Martin bought it last August,

I go out now and again to start it for him and she bursts into life straight away , its a real jem of a car,

I have noticed though that it gets white mould spots on the fabric which suggests damp is getting in somewhere or could it just be condensation build up.

on closer inspection I noticed that he has a little swimming pool in a cubby hole next to the parcel shelf , could this be a knackered tail gate seal causing it.

the other thing that may /may not be a problem is the steering wheel .

I got him one the same as I bought at the national you know , the sporty one with the red stitching I was going to put on the BX ( one of you will remember what its from possibly Xsara ?)

it has the same nut and spline fitting as the BX wheel.

Having taken the cantre cap off the AX's steering wheel it appears th AX uses a hex or allen key type bolt to hold the wheel on ,
am I right in thinking I have fooked up and this lovely wheel will not fit the AX
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vanny
Site Admin

Re: a little AX to grind

Post by Vanny » 18 Jan 2009

Sporty one with red stitching sounds like a ZX one to me. My personal exprience is that the lip on the AX tail apperture is too great for weather to get in even if some clot left the seal off :roll: however i cant think of any other way for the rain to get in, even if it has a sun roof these are just pop ups and have to tray to catch and transpot the rain. Are any patched of the roof lining wet?
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 18 Jan 2009

[chin] 2 other possibilities. Check the rear window seal by getting someone to hose it down while you watch. Not sure where you mean (swimming pool) Or, if it`s a 3 door, likewise the rear of those
clip fastened side windows.

Other than that it`s probably just sweating coz it thinks your going to get rid of it :P
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Philhod wrote: Other than that it`s probably just sweating coz it thinks your going to get rid of it :P
:D :D :D

its such a good car its a shame its not getting the use it deserves
hes failed his theory twice now coz he cant be bothered to read up on it or do the practices on line,
its a three door so the side windows are a possibility ,

the swimming pool to which I refer is in a little cubby hole thats in the parcel shelf side supports near where the rear seatbelts go through

the waters running in there from somewhere and cant get out
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

yes Vanny I think the ZX is the one I have , I got it at that meet where I first met you guys ( where tail lights kept appearing mysteriously behind my car )

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 18 Jan 2009

:x Yes Mickey, had the same trouble with Liam. Oh that`s me grandson You aint met him yet.

He failed his theory once then ran out of money for lessons (no job again) but still said he wanted to pass.
I agreed to bankroll him his lessons, theory test and test, but made it clear that it was on the provisor that he put the work in, making it very clear that it was a one off offfer and wouldn`t be repeated.........

....EVAH!!
It worked, he passed his theory after getting top marks on 3 days on line, before the test day.

I took him out for practice every night, for the week before his test...result, he passed with only 3
remarks or whatever they call them now.
I think what I`m trying to say Mickey is show him this and tell him nothing comes without effiort, but if you put it in you`re on a winner :wink: 8) 8) 8)

After he passed I told him he could have the BX as his first car. He has it on sorn at the moment, while he gets some work done and mod jobs like a 3" tailpipe extra lights CD etc.

I also reminded him if he bends it.... He`s fucking DEAD :twisted:

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 19 Jan 2009

3 minors, fucking hell, the examiner must have been scared or something, that is amazing!
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 19 Jan 2009

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah I couldn`t believe that either, Mind you when I said we went out every night ...

...I mean like over 2 hours a night.... and I was assessing his overall driving not just the test items.

That`s how the live in for a week and pass your test gang, get everyone through. They get them relaxed in their general driving and that confidence comes over in the test.

But, err yes, first time pass with only 3 minors, is it. Very cool 8) 8) 8)

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 19 Jan 2009

That's exactly how my Father taught me to drive. Lots of driving, and a focused attitude. Result? 2 minors on my test, and I knew exactly when I'd done them. The examiner even mentioned that one of them was a particularly "harsh" minor, as it stood out more given that the rest of my driving was so good.

I elected not to drive for the rest of the day as I could barely get my head through the car door. Knowing my luck I would have stuck it into the first ditch I came to!
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 19 Jan 2009

:lol: :lol: He can`t afford to do ditches, now he has a BX....he has been warned :twisted:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 20 Jan 2009

I failed my first test, but my mate had the same examiner at the same time (well, not the SAME time, but the same day like) and he failed aswell, both our instructers said the same thing "he hates young drivers"..
Both of us re-booked tests at a different centre (St. George) and we both passed there, neither of us got any minors, although the examiner was partially deaf and in my case I began to think he'd died he was that quiet!

The bus test I passed with 1 minor first time, although the examiner fell asleep (yes, actually nodded off for about 10 minutes!). The minor was for turning the steering whilst changing gear, although he said it was a tad harsh as he knew what a shit bag of a coach it was and the fucker popped out of gear all on it's own whilst going round the island leaving Weston.... I panicked a bit and threw it back into gear ASAP like...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 20 Jan 2009

Won't be the actual tailgate seal will it? I wondered if where the roof meets the tailgate and there's a gap if there should be a seal around the tailgate itself?
Get someone to sit in the car while you hose it down Mickey, might show up where the leak is.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.