General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Madcav
Site Admin

Who the fuck is Tjorven?

Post by Madcav » 09 Apr 2009

Have you seen the shite he's posted on BXC? Fuck me vicar he might just as well light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance.
There was me thinking BXC was back to the goold old days and all the shite put behind us but it certainly appears some precious little being has got to him. That or he's Ellevile in disguise?
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: Who the fuck is Tjorven?

Post by Way2go » 09 Apr 2009

He's "Secret Steve" Ellevies mod mate from FCF & officiating on BXC now that doc's been telling us about. :o

I'll post the thing here just in case it dissappears before Doc gets home from work.

New postPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Tjorven wrote:Third post down on the second page is from Charlie and reads
Quote:
so when you sell tourists old alloys then are you going to give him the money??

Which is hardly defamatory but is unpleasant and hardly any of Charlie's business.

Tim's reply is in no way defamatory either, if you are referring to:
Quote:
Charlie, I bought and paid for these wheels the day I collected them, so how do you get to the idea that I now owe Tourist money? If everyones so interested in his plight why dont they get down to oxford and fix his car, trust me if I could have I would but instead we get this.

Which displays remarkable restraint considering the unfair criticism that was levelled.

Note that Tim has not approached the mods or admins for assistance or a ruling.
Someone has taken a decided dislike to Tim, for whatever reason. This forum is not the appropriate place for a personal campaign, however. Neither is the PM service. If it is proved to be a vehicle of abuse then PM rights may be curtailed.

Posts that have been removed (note that they still exist for our reference) were done so entirely as a result of the abusive content.
This has nothing to do with PC and everything to do with maintaining a level of decency and harmony on the forum.

The appointment of moderators is purely to deal with such as this and you will note that the forum regulations stipulate that:

Quote:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous,
hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may
violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being
immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being
informed)

As the forum owner has included these stipulations in the membership regulations, if you fail to respect them then you run the risk of your posts being removed.

You are free to speak any way you want elsewhere but run the risk of offending people who may retaliate far more forcefully than is possible on an internet forum. However, infractions of the regulations can be dealt with in various ways.

It can be taken as read the on occasion comments can be misinterpreted and offence taken where non is intended.
In the recent mêlée though, there was no room for misinterpretation as the abusive posts were many and sustained.

Some of those involved take great pride in assuring us that they can be blunt and speak as they find but when that bluntness is sheer boorishness there is little or no value to it.

While we have no wish to censure or alienate any of the members here, it is incumbent on the moderators to ensure that the members do not alienate other members.

We have seen fit to allow some unsavoury threads and posts to remain although much of their content is highly unpleasant. They are an example of the kind of exchange that we have found fit to quarantine.
We reserve the right to remove these threads and posts at a time of our choosing.

Although when invited to assist in the administration of the forum I stipulated that I would not enter into posting here and would be an 'invisible admin', due to the actions of some members this invisibility has been voided.
I have found on other forums that invisibility of admins has advantages and results in fewer conflicts than for someone who has to wear two hats on a forum.
I have to say that I agree with ellevie's stance and consider his actions to have been entirely appropriate and consistent with his remit – in fact reaching above and beyond the call of duty in the absence of any guidance from elsewhere.

Also note that the forum rules stipulate that the decisions of moderators and administrators is not open to discussion.

This is not to say that we will not listen to advice or criticism but that the judgement remains with us until the owner of the forum sees fit to change the rules.

When a decision has been reached on the events under discussion then presumably an announcement will be made that will hopefully satisfy all parties and the forum can continue with its stated aims and the status quo intact. The subject is currently still under review as there is much to consider.

This forum, as any other, is not a democracy until the owner sees fit to make it one.

Additionally:
------------------------------------------------------------

The forum was locked not as a result of comments that were disagreeable to the mods. A security breach was detected and as a precaution the forum was locked to preserve its integrity while an investigation was performed.
---------------------------------------------------------
As this thread is a continuance of the unsavoury comments to be found in “PC...” I see no good reason not to lock it. No doubt this alone will attract a tirade of the usual abuse levelled here but if that is the level you wish to stoop to, knock yourselves out. It is unlikely that I will engage in any further discourse on the subject anyway.
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Madcav
Site Admin

He wants his fucking bumps feeling for posting that shite. It seems some people on BXC are still hell bent on either trying to make a name for themselves by playing peacemaker (when it's not really required in most instances) or being a tit like this Tosspen fella dn inflaming the situation.

Hand on heart I'm actually astounded he made a post like that, surely no-one's that fuckiong stupid they thought it was worth posting such a load of inflammatory bollocks like that?
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2009

/\ eggfuckingxactly mate and there was even a dig at Jim in there the fresh cunt of bell end!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 09 Apr 2009

Apart from all the contemptuous stuff written, it's sad that he has to make this statement on what is a recreational resource:
This forum, as any other, is not a democracy until the owner sees fit to make it one.
Which really underlines that they see themselves as Masters and us as their Serfs. (Jim however must be commended for the help and what he has recently done in the face of such adversity.)
A reality check is desperately needed.
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Madcav
Site Admin

Verdict: Tosspen is a fucking moron on a power trip.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

/\ Not another one! OFFS. Go and design a flat pack fucking pencil tjiorjven swede bloke
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Madcav
Site Admin

Bandit: Read your pms cuntface!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

I fucking have you soiled arsewipe

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

In fact, YOU read YOUR pm's you tit wank!

Madcav
Site Admin

Handing Tosspen his arse on a plate is liking shooting fish in a barrel. He's so fucking stupid he just keeps digging!

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » 09 Apr 2009

Someone ought to ring Doc and tell him he aint gonna get a lot of sleep after work tonight....after he's read through all the fucking goings-on!!
Methinks he may have a thing or two to say about Ikeaman himself!!! [clap]
"If it has four legs, wags its tail, and barks...the chances are...it's a dog!

CitroJim

Post by CitroJim » 10 Apr 2009

You may rest easy tonight gentlemen. I have been in extended talks this evening and a resolution is virtually at hand. God I sound like the UN delivering a communique here :lol: But seriously, for the past two and a half hours, that's what I've been doing.

I'm knackered so I won't be making any formal declaration tonight but in the morning I'm hoping I can and that it will be acceptable.

So Chris, have a quick read through the BXC and then get yer 'ead down for a good kip. It's been burning pretty well over there tonight and the reason for my total silence was on account of being locked in negotiations.

Thanks all for the wisdom delivered throughout today :D

Tomorrow is another day and will dawn brighter.

Nite all and sleep well...
Jim

Lots of Citroens beginning with the letter X but not including the letter M

One has a letter V and a figure 6

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 10 Apr 2009

Glad to hear something's on the way, Jim. On what prompted this particular thread, I thought I had a monopoly on posts that ramble on endlessly and miss the point....

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 10 Apr 2009

Oh no you havent Fishy, if you knew what some of us knew. I think the record ramble round here is over 800 posts! Its probably still kicking about somewhere.

Now, i'm still gonna keep out of this war. Its bloody stupid.

Mr UN representative, i assume that France are either having no part or are simply giving in! (Also, is there anywhere that lists all the costs of the BXClub?)
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 10 Apr 2009

Welcome Jim! To the land of the free, where Nazi's get roasted!

I read Steve's posts, and replied in the thread that wasn't locked.
I was, er, well, a bit vitriolic I guess.
Although I only suggested he fuck off and never came back.
Seems fair enough to me.
Either that, or I'll motor over to his place and rip him a new arsehole.

That cunt is an absolute fucking waste of blood and organs.

Infact fuck it.
I think I'm gona ruin his day,and David Hitler Hurleys.
Pair of cunting shithouse spineless dry bumming nazi shitehawks.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 10 Apr 2009

docchevron1472 wrote: Pair of cunting shithouse spineless dry bumming nazi shitehawks.
No, really chris, don't hold back, say what you mean :lol: :lol:
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 10 Apr 2009

Fish Botherer: You're going to fit in like a fitty in thing here. Endless rambling and point missing are the de rigeur of this forum and long may it continue. As Vanny says there's a colossal thread on here somewhere that I bet nobody (without looking) can remember how it started, or pretty much any of the middle either.
I'm disappointed by your lack of swearing though, but meh, we can work on that I'm sure :lol:

Jim: good work dude. I'm sorry Ken's pissed off by it all and I'm as much to blame as anyone. Hopefully he'll change his mind when things get better (and let's face it things will get better) and it returns to normal. I even have sypathy for Tim, as in all that 'homophobe' business he is undoutably clean as a whistle and it was actually Ellevile and Torsport that created that particular argument. Tim is probably suitably embarrassed after the nonsense of Charliegate and, without wishing to sound like I'm patronising him, he has the support of everyone on here on that side of things I reckon.

CitroJim

Post by CitroJim » 10 Apr 2009

Morning everybody :)

No worries on Ken, he'll be back once it all settles and Billy, nicely put in all ways..

Right, I'm just eating breakfast whilst I pull a final archive backup of BXC as it is at this moment. After that is completed (and I'm fed), I'm setting to work. The result of my discussions last night is that both Tjorven and ellevie are stepping down from their former positions and I shall shortly post to that effect in rather more words than I'm using here.

I'll then be doing a little housekeeping (hence the purpose of the archive backup) but in doing so, no posts will be actually deleted. Should it prove necessary, this backup and others in my incremental sets can be restored to replay the events.

I'm not saying this draws a complete and total line under it as the question of apologies remains unresolved to your and my complete satisfaction. That can be worked upon gently.

Moderation returns to as it was and I'll be more than happy to bring Mr. R on-board as he appears the popular choice and is happy to do so. I have heard not one word of dissent against and he fits perfectly the criteria of a well-liked and respected long-standing member who understands the complexities of the BXC perfectly. It will be applied on the basis I have already suggested. Gently, openly and only when absolutely and totally necessary.

Keep and eye and if there is anything I do that is not to your liking, you know what you must do (no, not that) and that's to speak to me and let me know.
Jim

Lots of Citroens beginning with the letter X but not including the letter M

One has a letter V and a figure 6

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 10 Apr 2009

Jim, truly that's the one of the best posts I've read about the problems on BXC. Hats off to you mate, what you have said it fantastic all the way through.
I do hope Charlie gets his apology but I can see that's down to Ellevile and Torspot and not yourself.
Nice one mate, I bet the lads from here will be fucking made up when they read it.