General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

WTFBook...

Post by docchevron132 » 13 Apr 2009

What the hell is this facebook thing about?
I mean, poking poeple?
WTF.
I did have a Myspace page, but I got bored with that so sacked it off.
I really wasn't interested in facebook, but poeple kept nagging me to get on there because "it makes staying in touch so much easier"..
Really?
All seems like shite to me!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Re: WTFBook...

Post by mat_the_cat » 14 Apr 2009

Nothing wrong with a good poke every now and again.

So I've heard anyway.
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 14 Apr 2009

facebook is good, very usefull if your trendy and have loads of friends to keep in touch with!
ImageImage

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 14 Apr 2009

Facebook and the likes are shite. It's a trendy thing for (mostly) cocky gobshites who desperately need to appear popular and see their picture splashed all over the web.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » 14 Apr 2009

Facebook, Bebo, MSN...........all the same really.
Ideal for people who have NO real mates......they can say they spent a lovely evening with friends from all over the world......without even leaving the luxury of their office chair!

I've been persuaded to give em all a go in the past, but found them so inane and crappy that I've sacked em all off now!
All I need to do now is get my mobile phonebook up to date, with numbers for my real friends!! A good ol' chinwag is better than any IM, IMHO!

(btw Billy....good win for Chester yesterday, eh? 1-0 penalty, wasn't it? Are Chester still looking like dropping out of the BSP?)
"If it has four legs, wags its tail, and barks...the chances are...it's a dog!

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 14 Apr 2009

Cheers Dave.

Good win indeed, but next Saturday the real test as we have Bournemouth at home, full six pointer that one. Win and Grimsby beat them next week and we're safe. But talk is cheap and actions speak louder.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

tomsheppard
TROLL

Post by tomsheppard » 14 Apr 2009

Facebook and the like. How are you going to feel in ten years' time when your electronic footprint catches up with you?
I've never found keeping in touch difficult. Isn't that what telephones are for. (The celebrated Oscar Franklin writes letters, three or four pages of almost illegible script that are a pleasure to read. Probably the only person I know who does.) No, social networking sites seem to have nothing good or worthy about them, save for the Emperor's dress sense.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 14 Apr 2009

Weell, I do Facebook, but unlike my wife who has about ( at the last count) 260-odd "friends" I have about 30 people who I do know and keep in touch with via other means anyway - its merely ( for me anyway) a convenient way to share photos and videos with a group of people who are now fairly widely spread out accross the country and world. Other than that I really cant be arsed with it (and people who do send me bloody farmtown gifts, Finbarr Saunders long poles and so on generally get them "ignored".
Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Apr 2009

Weell I've looked at them and thought [wtf], Grandkids have tried to explain, but, [no] [no] [no] [no] x 1000.
Like FT I have a number of friends I'm in regular contact with....so I just email them??????

Attach piccies or other files...so what do I need facelift for??? :? :?

:oops: :oops: Have used skype to talk to the missis when in middle east :oops:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

tomsheppard
TROLL

Post by tomsheppard » 14 Apr 2009

Ah, now that's completely different. Skype is a hugely beneficial thing. WBM speaks to her Daughter in Spain, I keep in touch with the neighbours in France and it all costs nothing. I'm very impressed with it.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Apr 2009

[bow] I certainly was...I wasn't until shown how to use it. Her indoors looked a lot more worried that when she's on the phone, but there you go, with a bit more practice it will all be a bit less terrifying 8) I'm going to get one of they webcams so we can speak to our dotter
who lives in Sweden.
Mind you er indoors says she's not getting her kit off for the camera. I said thank god for that (quiet like as she's a bit deaf) but she heard.....so it's silent meals again

No sense of humor that woman 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Apr 2009

Vanny wrote:facebook is good, very usefull if your trendy and have loads of friends to keep in touch with!
I am neither the least bit trendy, and I have no friends, so I guess I may aswell sack it off!

I could at least get on with Myspazz, although that was full of wanabe bands and paedo's, but facebook just seems utterly devoid of anything remotley good.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 15 Apr 2009

Both my daughters use FB etc. On starting her Uni course in Paris, my younger daughter used it to suggest a meet-up at a particular bar for people starting or already doing the course.

She and her flatmate sat in the bar for 2-hours-plus beyond the time mentioned, then hordes of assorted (British) folk turned up suddenly. The odd petty thief did too.

On the other hand, she and her flatmate hooked-up though FB and suchlike, met face-to-face for the first time when they both went there looking for a flat to share, hit it off well and have got on famously ever since.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 15 Apr 2009

Oh I cant be doing with that sort of thing, all my settings are to "friends" only, so unless you are on my list - you aint coming in. In fact unless you are on my list you cant even see me - which is designed to stop one of my ex's stalking me... I dont do " Lets meet up in some random bar" Or worse still "Parrr-tay round my house tonight". Evil, very evil.
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 15 Apr 2009

I can no longer read the internet, since it's more fun watching your movie Marty!

Set to private huh?
Must look into doing that then.
I assume such things are in settings?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 15 Apr 2009

docchevron1472 wrote:I can no longer read the internet, since it's more fun watching your movie Marty!?
Which one? The kids lobbing Easter eggs down the hill, or Saving Private Ryan in 30 seconds?

I really need to go and do some work, I have a clinic to organise for tomorrow and in 40 minutes I become in charge of the whole bloody SMN for Blackpool - which means lots of idiotic phone calls....
Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 15 Apr 2009

I hate to point this out, but face book isn't aimed at old people.
Also, CG, your right, these days Facebook is near impossible to work, it used to be a dream, but then again it used to be for students. Money has got the better of it.
For me its the fastest way to contact my friends i've left in liverpool. Consider it more like extended text messaging, but you can add pictures and videos, and let people know what your up to. Its also not as publically viewable as many of the others. I also dont get spam off facbook like you do with Bebo (which is shit), and MySpace which is for niggers and hoes!
ImageImage

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

I dont do " Lets meet up in some random bar" Or worse still "Parrr-tay round my house tonight". Evil, very evil.
Daughter #2's bar-invasion evening was a one-off - the sort of time when you need to find out who is worth spending time with face-to-face and who isn't. The people on her course are pretty randomly distributed around Paris, so it made sense to publicise it through "friends" who'd already been doing the facebook thing for months before they arrived, who told their friends, online or other etc. etc. Not really a party-jacking scenario.

The petty criminals (purse-snatchers etc.) were there all along, they just happened to have a few opportunities walk in the door right in front of them.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 15 Apr 2009

I have facebook and bebo purely to keep an eye on what the kids are up to , they are always posting things on there without thinking.
It was because of comments on facebook I caught the oldest lad bunking off college ,

you should have seen his face when I pulled him on it :lol:
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Fish_Botherer

you should have seen his face when I pulled him on it
Canny. Doubt that he'll put any party invites on in the new future.... your carpets should be safe.