General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
jonathan_dyane

Hello all

Post by jonathan_dyane » 02 May 2009

Since the BXC debacle I have been rather busy, and haven't been on the net nearly as much as is usual, but I just wanted to say that I hope to spend some more time here in the future...

I pulled the dead engine out of my BX the other weekend, and am hoping to resurrect it rather soon, however my plans were temporary scuppered by my temporary Xantia dying, forcing me to reclaim the 306 from hell, which involved an exciting drive home from Shropshire in heavy rain until I found a scrapyard near Whitchurch from which I got a working wiper motor... Believe it or not some complete and utter bastard decided that clearly an aged 306 with a terrible roller paint job was bound to contain untold valuables and broke into it the other night, bending the window frame of the drivers door back :evil: Thankfully I have managed to bend it back into a reasonable approximation of its former self, and provided no-one nicks it and I manage not to kill it, I might just have time to get my BX fixed :D
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Re: Hello all

Post by mat_the_cat » 02 May 2009

What went on the Xantia then? It wasn't down to that tasty smelling fuel was it...
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 03 May 2009

No way! Jeez, some people will break into anything!
Maybe you should put a sign in it saying "look at the paint job arsehole, do you REALLY think there's owt worth nicking in here?"
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 03 May 2009

mat_the_cat wrote:What went on the Xantia then? It wasn't down to that tasty smelling fuel was it...
T'was the clutch, shortly followed by the first gear syncro :oops: (rush hour traffic and the bastard thing refused to start in gear...)
Jonathan.

jonathan_dyane

docchevron1472 wrote:No way! Jeez, some people will break into anything!
Maybe you should put a sign in it saying "look at the paint job arsehole, do you REALLY think there's owt worth nicking in here?"
Nah, I have a new system whereby I just don't bother lock it...
Jonathan.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 03 May 2009

So the engine is OK then...you can probably guess my train of thought! Or have you got an engine already lined up for the BX?
Last edited by mat_the_cat on 03 May 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

jonathan_dyane

mat_the_cat wrote:So the engine is OK then...you can probably guess my train of thought! Or have you gor an engine already lined up for the BX?
I do indeed :twisted: but alas, the Xantia engine feels somewhat tired (it is an ex-minicab) and Bandit has already kindly offered me an XUD7TE engine for the BX, so if that comes off I'll probably give the Xantia engine to a mate who is fixing up a Synergie clone. TBH, I'd be more inclined to break the 306 and use it's far healthier feeling 230000 mile engine than the Xantia one.
Jonathan.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 03 May 2009

Yeah, it didn't exactly feel 'sprightly' when I drove it TBH...

The XUD7 would be the easier drop in replacement anyway.
Image Image Image Image

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 03 May 2009

jonathan_dyane wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:No way! Jeez, some people will break into anything!
Nah, I have a new system whereby I just don't bother lock it...
Same system I adopt with the micra, in fact pretty much anything I own car wise actually....

Chris - someone I knew tried that with her car once and the bastards put the window through and wrote on the note "just checking"
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 03 May 2009

Sorry to hear that Jonathon. Which scrappy did you go to, was is the legendary Furber's in the middle of nowehere over a little canal bridge mate?
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

jonathan_dyane

Madcav wrote:Sorry to hear that Jonathon. Which scrappy did you go to, was is the legendary Furber's in the middle of nowehere over a little canal bridge mate?
It certainly was, in fact leaving was somewhat delayed due to having to wait for several narrow boats to pass through the 'open' bridge. Good yard with an excellent selection of motors (BL Princess Hearse anyone? No? Rover P4 then perhaps...) but I thought they seemed perhaps a tad dear. Mind, it's the first scrapyard I've been to where they have VAT and you get a receipt...
Jonathan.

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 05 May 2009

jonathan_dyane wrote:Good yard with an excellent selection of motors (BL Princess Hearse anyone? No? Rover P4 then perhaps...)
Um... pics??!?

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate

BX Owner, December 2003-October 2011

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 05 May 2009

Yeah they are expensive but also good. They had a mass clear out I believe a few years back of older stuff.
Have you been to their salvage yard in Prees? Had some really interesting stuff there at one time including brand new Sierra 3 door bodyshells and inside I've seen Testerossas less than a year old, nearly new Rollers, Bentleys and all sorts of stuff.
It's usually ram full of cocky Brummies phoning their mates up and laying down serious amounts of wonga to but expensive stuff outright.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 05 May 2009

mnde wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:Good yard with an excellent selection of motors (BL Princess Hearse anyone? No? Rover P4 then perhaps...)
Um... pics??!?

Mark.
Alas, my current phone being one of these, I am not currently well placed for taking random snapshots. It is so far the only phone I have managed not to kill, having survived being placed on the car roof then slipping off at speed onto the road when I drove off having forgotten to retrieve it, and having had a GSA bonnet slammed repeatedly on it when I left it in the gutter on top of the wing. Occasionally someone takes pity on me and gives me their handmedown, but invariably it dies before long and out comes the Nokia again...
Jonathan.

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 05 May 2009

Madcav wrote:Yeah they are expensive but also good. They had a mass clear out I believe a few years back of older stuff.
Have you been to their salvage yard in Prees? Had some really interesting stuff there at one time including brand new Sierra 3 door bodyshells and inside I've seen Testerossas less than a year old, nearly new Rollers, Bentleys and all sorts of stuff.
It's usually ram full of cocky Brummies phoning their mates up and laying down serious amounts of wonga to but expensive stuff outright.
Ooh, that's just the other side of Whitchurch is it not? Haven't been, but I shall have to drop by for a nosy when I'm next passing :D
Jonathan.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 05 May 2009

jonathan_dyane wrote: out comes the Nokia again...
Nokia 3310 - indestructable.
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 06 May 2009

Bet I could break it!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 06 May 2009

Father Ted wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote: out comes the Nokia again...
Nokia 3310 - indestructable.

Thia is true. Playing football with my lad one day and the phone rang. I'm in goal and as I'm speaking on the phone my lad welts the ball at me. Instinct told me to put my hands up and the ball hit the phone. Fucking magic, it fell to bits all over the park so I cobbled it back together and it worked!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 06 May 2009

I kill phones me ,
destroyed a brand new samsung tustling with one of the kids so the wife gave me her nokia n70 , two weeks later smashed the screen playing badminton

( yeah ok , fuck off you lot badminton can be a rough game :oops: )
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 06 May 2009

mickey taker wrote:Iso the wife gave me her nokia n70 , two weeks later smashed the screen playing badminton
Up north we are civilised and use rackets for Badminton - Nokia N70's are used for cricket...
Image Image Image