Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Website : YouTube

Post by Philhod » 22 Sep 2009

Correct! My grandson; and I was alluding to the fact that they both display a....a...a propensity for...err health and safety ignorance, would be the kindest way to express it.

Seeing as Mat is probably older than Liam, I dubbed Liam Mat 2.....nothing more sinister that that :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 22 Sep 2009

:lol:

Now I understand! :oops:

Out of interest Phil, how old do I come across, without having the...erm...pleasure(?) of meeting me in person. The first time I met Doc he had a pretty firm idea of what he speculated my age to be (not saying whether he was right or not!), and I wondered what impression I gave off to the rest of you lot.
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 22 Sep 2009

:lol: Well everybody is younger than me. I supose I imagine you to be sort of a bout the same as Doc or a bit older, although it's not something I do really.
I take everyone as I find them. I don't tend to "age" them, sort of Have they the same sense of humour, do they get annoyed easily (piss take fodder) or do they just treat everything as a source of enjoyment, or that old word FUN. Age is just a condition. :)

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 23 Sep 2009

Spot on there Phil! A couple of years older* than Doc, although he reckoned I was about a hundred. Don't know what gave him that idea, so I did my best to prove otherwise!

*Although mental age is another matter - I'm hoping to remain rooted in the teens for a good while yet.

I don't get annoyed easily, although I sometimes don't realise that someone is taking the piss if it's subtlety done ( :oops: ) For me though, that defines the point at which you know that you get on with someone - that you're both able to take the piss out of each other and the other one isn't going to be offended.
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 23 Sep 2009

I still get very angry at times, mainly about perceived injustices and having a very short fuse go off pop now and again. Then usually someone will give me a wind up over the outburst and I got to have a laugh.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 23 Sep 2009

The old maxim still applies - "Laughter is the best medicine!" 8)
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Always is! Heard a good one on tv last night. they were interviewing Dave Spivey, about his new show and asked him about his material. He replied by recalling what he heard two young wimmin say on Chorley market. One says; has your sister had her baby yet? oh yes it was last week, she had a lad, 8lbs.
The other one says, What are they calling him? she says Marc. Oh that's a nice name.
Ah but get this says the 1st one, they are spelling it with a C, and the other one goes... What CARK!!!

Well it made me laugh anyway 8)

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 23 Sep 2009

:lol: :lol:

Oddly, I do try and...well, not purposefully guess, but, sort of automatically draw a conclusion on peoples ages. I thought Doc was a bearded old Brizzle Duffer (turned out I was right :P :wink: ) and yeah Matt, I had you down as a mid 40s plus! Sorry mate :lol: I've tried to keep my mental age as youthful as possible and I suppose my yardstick was if I could still drink like I could in my twenties, but it's begun to catch up with me in a few ways and the yardstick is sort of partly redundant now :(
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Bx Bandit wrote:I could still drink like I could in my twenties, but it's begun to catch up with me in a few ways and the yardstick is sort of partly redundant now :(
Have you cut back on the booze then? The main problem with drinking getting out of hand I guess is when drinking at home becomes the norm (& it possibly escalates with ease), rather than on making a social excursion to the pub or similar jaunt. :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 23 Sep 2009

I go through phases like that.
Although I never actually drink when I go to the pub anymore, since I'm always driving, so I always drink at home.
Usually I go for weeks and weeks without drinking at all, but I'm back on the sauce most nights at the mo, although I'll get bored with it and not touch it for ages again soon no doubt..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 23 Sep 2009

Way2go wrote:The main problem with drinking getting out of hand I guess is when drinking at home becomes the norm
It may seem difficult to believe(!) but I don't drink that much at home - we'll share a bottle of wine between us maybe a couple of times a week, usually at the weekend but there may be weeks without anything alcoholic. Think you're right - I'd be worried if I felt I needed to drink lots every night! Just once in a while is enough for me.
Image Image Image Image

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

That sounds fine Mat, the occasional drink at home especially a bottle of wine shared is good! :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

I drink at home every day. So what? Some days I think ..no... I'll not bother ...then again I think why deny yourself what you enjoy :wink:

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 24 Sep 2009

Philhod wrote:I drink at home every day. So what? Some days I think ..no... I'll not bother ...then again I think why deny yourself what you enjoy :wink:
Drinking song selected = "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen, no doubt? :lol:

[no] That included Ecstasy etc, didn't it! :oops:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 24 Sep 2009

That's the one :lol:

Still enjoy other things as well.............but not at home :)

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 24 Sep 2009

There were reports in the papers a few years ago about opium smoking making a comeback with smuggled crops from Afghanistan. Not much heard of it since though so possibly just a bit of propaganda to support the war effort!
1991 BX19GTi Auto

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 25 Sep 2009

Fuck the war effort, there's a piss easy solution to Afghan issue, and it would cure the herion problem overnight too.
Fucking nuke the whole goddamn shit hole, and the rest of middle east. Wankers the lot of fucking terrorist cunts.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Sep 2009

Aw! get off the fence Doc. You either love em or hate em :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 25 Sep 2009

docchevron1472 wrote:Fuck the war effort, there's a piss easy solution to Afghan issue, and it would cure the herion problem overnight too.
Fucking nuke the whole goddamn shit hole, and the rest of middle east. Wankers the lot of fucking terrorist cunts.
That was Senator Barry Goldwater's proposal for dealing with Vietnam in the day and he used it as part of his election campaign. Needless to say he lost the election. [stud]
1991 BX19GTi Auto