General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Vanny
Site Admin

The I HATE CHRISTMAS thread

Post by Vanny » 28 Sep 2009

I'm sorry to start this so early, but honestly, i fucking hate christmas, i'm hating this christmas already and it hasn't even happened. What a bloody waste of money it really is, and the stupid juggling act of trying to keep all the family happy ARGH. Cant wait for January, good weather (well the sort i enjoy), plenty of water in the rivers, that slow no one is really bothered feeling, relax with plenty of time to do nothing.

Only good bit of this christmas season will be the BXP meal, so i better start stocking up for that!
ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Re: The I HATE CHRISTMAS thread

Post by mat_the_cat » 28 Sep 2009

Too bloody commercial now for my liking, it's just 'done to death' in all forms of media. Not looking forwards to it for another reason too - we normally spend it over at the in-laws, which I get on fine with. However, they are on the verge of splitting up, and one of them has fallen out with my missus big time. Not exactly happy families at the moment...
BXP meal? Is that templegoers only or more widely open? Is that an opportunity for a couple of drinks?
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 28 Sep 2009

It's not temple goers only, but its restricted to people i like, so your more than welcome, i was going to privately invite you, but it looks like you've invited yourself. Will put details in the LT section tomorrow.

This year looks to be fun, she really wants to see me over Christmas so that potentially means 500+miles between 23rd and 27th, JOYOUS. Unless i have to go to Holland which is even more! So thats a pretty big sum in fuel alone (which will go up in price between now and then), then the whole presents thing, blergh, then that fine balance of visitng friends and family while i'm up norther, PITA
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 28 Sep 2009

I'm planning my escape to Ryssbylund :D Might stay a bit longer this year as there is no rush back to work

Perhaps going out about the 18th and back about the 7th [chin] [chin]

But like you say not everybody's happy. Daughter no 1 (here) says I never spend xmas with them, but the missis is here so [wtf] . I only see the others once or twice a year and the wife's not that bothered TBH and she's not into xmas either, so no great round of fun here.

Looking forward to your do though. Remind me, what did we bring with us last year ??apart from beer. I seem to remember bringing a loaf and some bacon for the morning after. I'll do the same if you like.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 28 Sep 2009

Oh I forgot ..off subject but which thread is that death vader vid on with Mr Izzard, can't seem to find it!!

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 28 Sep 2009

Philhod wrote:Oh I forgot ..off subject but which thread is that death vader vid on with Mr Izzard, can't seem to find it!!
'Ere ya go! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2557 :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 28 Sep 2009

Vanny wrote:I'm sorry to start this so early, but honestly, i fucking hate christmas, i'm hating this christmas already and it hasn't even happened.
Bloody 'ell! :shock: Even the Halloween and Bonfire-night run-ups to it haven't happened yet. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 29 Sep 2009

:D Ta muchley W2g

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 29 Sep 2009

Actually, the seasonal aisle in the local ASDA is now decked out in Halloween gear & tat so that particular run-up has now started. :evil:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 29 Sep 2009

I love christmas, hated it when I worked for Woolworths, but like it again now i have kids - what I REALLY fucking hate is that week between crimbo and new year. No one except us bastards who have public sector jobs seems to be working - which means the wife gives me grief as she is off work with the kids and Im not - nothing except the shops are open and there is fuck all to do locally if the weather is shit. Personally I think the callendar should be rearranged to have crimbo, boxing day, new years eve, new years day then back to work for everyone - throw in a sat & sun and you have a nice week off. Ok, I still have to fuck off into work - but they will all be in shifts and split between me and my partner in crime at work.

did someone mention food?
Last edited by Father Ted on 29 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 29 Sep 2009

I will remember to bring my sleeping bag and fold up bed this year, and some choice beer too!
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 29 Sep 2009

Ohhh, fucking bastering twatting xmas.
Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Happily, I work most xmas's, which suits me fine.
Since I work past midnight then I actually do work xmas day, for flat rate..

I usually try and fuck off to Kate's for the day, eat some good food, get drunk and pass out on her sofa, whith a bit of a visit to dad somewhere along the way too.
Although Kate tends to go to her parents some years, in which case I'll fuck off up the farm or something.

Fucking hate all of it, everything about it, utter shit.
I would say ban it, but then thats giving more over to the terrorists that live over here, sorry, I meant muslims.. so fuck it, xmas stays, but I still hate it.

Roll on January second, when normality returns..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 29 Sep 2009

I LOVE IT and thats all there is to it

not sure if the house will be lit up this year because the building work may be starteing
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 29 Sep 2009

i'm sure the builders will work around the landing of planes
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 29 Sep 2009

Used to hate it, but I've warmed to it last year. I think it's seeing it through my kids eyes that makes it tolerable. The problem is all the bloody build up, with xmas tunes playing in the store from about October onwards (not long now!) and the pressure to meet every man and his fucking great Aunt in the space of 3 days. I try and go with the flow now but I like my own space so much it's not always that easy 'cramming so many people in'

I refuse to do anything out of the ordinary for new year and just a blur from boxing day till the 1st Jan. Get me back to fucking normal!

Good thread tho', this could be a long runner! After all we still have 87 days left - that's err 12 weeks! (I fucking hate it when people do that!)
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 29 Sep 2009

not sure if the house will be lit up this year because the building work may be starteing
Is that after the fire from the state of last years wireing [coat] :lol:

You can book some hols and come over to Sweden with me Doc.

I'm taking quite a shine to these white xmases 8)

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 30 Sep 2009

Bx Bandit wrote: Good thread tho', this could be a long runner! After all we still have 87 days left - that's err 12 weeks! (I fucking hate it when people do that!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 30 Sep 2009

Philhod wrote:
Is that after the fire from the state of last years wireing [coat] :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 30 Sep 2009

I will have you know my wiring is perfectly safe and the circuit protectors didnt trip once
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 30 Sep 2009

because they where left in the loft!
ImageImage