General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Re: Oh God, I love this...

Post by Bx Bandit » 19 Jan 2010

jonathan_dyane wrote:
charlie wrote:
Bx Bandit wrote:/\ selfish bastard. Mrs Bandit wants/needs an auto which is my way into an XM!

oi tit head

you can have mine for nought

but i just know your not man enough
:lol: I bet a 'project' XM would be just what you need Bandit, and what's more you've got 'official permission' for it... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[chin] Hmmmm, well it's more the case of it's just what I don't need - a project car that is. I've got the Xantia to get under and get all greasy with to strip parts worth flogging and there's some impending work on the 16V and I really ought to get to the bottom of the TD rumbles still when doing the cornering thing.

And I'm really trying to do less with cars, so ideally I'd want an XM to hit the deck running. A Bosch powered 2.1 with no chips and elektrickery would fit the bill so long as it had good history. I just think The Silver Shed would be a step too far
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 19 Jan 2010

charlie wrote:oi tit head

you can have mine for nought

but i just know your not man enough
Is that a general open offer to anyone? If so, is there any info on what state it's in these days?
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 22 Jan 2010

Charlie must be dead! Last time we spoke about this he wanted 200 sheets. Maybe if I wait another few months he'll end up giving me money to take it away! :lol: :lol:

I see him Saturday so I'll mention your post to him Mr R
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 24 Jan 2010

well Saturdays been and gone

and bandit is now the wanna be owner of one silver shed

ands i cant stop laughin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 24 Jan 2010

I am? :shock: I only went down to pick up some galvanised sheet........then I mentioned Dave's post.........then he took me round back to show me the XM........all I wanted was to have a look.............and then I started to [drool]

Truth be told, it's far better than I remember mate and I hadn't quite realised how much work you'd done and it seems to need little doing to make it ready for MOT.

So it appears I've been duped into doing a U-turn and I'll fettle and play with the XM in my 'spare' time so long as it can stay in your back yard till she's ready to fly.

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 24 Jan 2010

You know it makes sense :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Jan 2010

[chin] [chin] All this is very unsettling....

What's happening with the broken GS Mr Dyane?????????????????????????????
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 25 Jan 2010

Philhod wrote:[chin] [chin] All this is very unsettling....

What's happening with the broken GS Mr Dyane?????????????????????????????
Very little very slowly... The difficulty is that the G is in Durham at my parents house, and I live in Liverpool now. Usually when I go back to Durham I end up fixing my parents cars (case in point, spent most of last weekend working on Land Rover) or doing the kind of work on mine that is best not done in the street. I will sort it though. Eventually...
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 25 Jan 2010

jonathan_dyane wrote:You know it makes sense :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[chin] Does it? Really?

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Jan 2010

[no] [no] [no] [no] [no]
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.