General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: Went into Halfords today

Post by docchevron132 » 31 Jan 2010

text sent vanster!
PR Net lies mate.
I've tried eevry dealer I can think of, GSF, AEP, ECP, A&R, the dude in Calais, 2CV's, every fucking where.
Whilst they are listed as available, they actually aren't.
The large octopus is the only "still available" bit as far I can tell..

If you do have said pipe and can spare it that would be fucking ace mate, since it's about all there is left to do to get the pink shed up and going again now, which is nice, since the valver's rack is FUBAR, and to really finish my day off I crushed one of the return pipes under it whilst jacking the twating thing up to discover that the racks fucked, and the Ram's now leaking too!
Fucking french shit.

I'm not actually bothered about the octpi as such, had always intended to replace them witha 4x4 style setup, only using kunifer / plastic pipes throughout..
Just never bothereed before since I could get the pipes!

Erm, the axial joint looks like a pretty standard axial joint Phil!
Dont have a piccy to hand right now, although it matters not, since it isn't actually the axial joint at all, the bush in the rack has broken up causing some wild amounts of movement, probably why the ram is leaking now, and making driving in a straight line quite interesting! Not doing much for the front tyres either really..

That said, if they are the same as 405, then they are still available.. Look a tad different to me though, the 405 joint seems to have a larger thread on the rack end?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 31 Jan 2010

If you have the dims for said bush I can make you one.

Went into college on Friday. No one is using the machine shop on fridays this year so I'm err.... in sort of thing :)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Ooh! Thats very kind Phil! I'll have to strip one out of a rack that isn't fucked though, since this one has totally broken up, so much so I could pull large bits of it out with the boot pulled back.... :(
I fear measuring that one would be largely pointless now!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 31 Jan 2010

I've had two racks go on the bush, not that I've picked bits out, but it's as if one minute it's ok, then it's rattling away. It's always the n/s that goes on mine. One of these Romanian dudes on BXC has fitted a Xantia rack....which I'll look at but I'm not convinced.

ah ha so Pr net lies. They clearly don't keep the dwgs up to date. What a pain in the anoose!
I'll look for said hose today mate.

Problem with using existing lhm tank and the top end of the octopus is that as the octopus ages, the pipes just split as you push them onto the tank top connectors. I suppose thinking about it now you could use any suitable rubber pipe to join between the lhm tank and the new pipes you have made up - which is probably what you meant!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 31 Jan 2010

:lol: Right in one Bandit. The only reason I suggested copper brake piping is it's a larger bore to drain easier. You could use any rubber/ plastic pipework so long as the joining rubber fits the existing stuff. The rubber pipes on the front leg drain fit copper brake pipe.

Doc if you have a largish piece of the bush with the full length and some inside and outside diameters I can measure the radii to get the sizes, to save you dismantling the other one.

Also if you could bring it up to Vanny's next w/end.....sorted!!!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

arse wank and bum bubbles, I forgot to look for your hose Doc. I'll try and find it after I put the kids to bed my little flower!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

I've got a couple of dead racks mate. So finding a bush shouldn't b hard.. If only finding the female form of bush was so easy..

You're spot on though Bandito, the TD rack failed last year, that was the N/S bush. Got a new fucker for that, but you can't even get recon now.

The valver is also the N/S bush, no warning, as you say, fine one minute, unsteerable and knocking like fuck the next..

Nay worries about hoses dude, I'll latch something up for now. Have to really, if I use the valver for another day it'll need fuel, and since it's fucked I dont really wont to fill the twatting heap up when the diesel is cheaper to fill, cheaper to run, and also needs filling.
Since I'm going to have to spend nearly 200 notes on a fucking mixer tap / shower combi thing, plus getting brother a car, and needing to tax the 205, the BX, mot on Phoenix, the 205, and insurance on the 205, plus getting wood, all this month it's going to be a bit of an expensive one, so the less wasted on shit cars the better really!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Fuck me that's a lot to account for! Can't your brother find his own car?! I 'think' Plaieiaieiaides will do a re-con rack maybe??? Might be worth a shout although it's probably a 100 notes!

I'll look for that pipe right now!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Fuck! For once I actually found something pretty quick! I have it mate and it's good fettle, so it's yours my buddy. When do you need the fucker?

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Yes, sadly not the cheapest of months..
Th car is for the brother I like, the new one like. His car is wanked out, and me and Dad decided that we should get him a car that is less shit, since like, w've missed a few birthdays and xmasses and shit.

The taps are pissing me off, it's only the port for the shower hose thats failed, the actual tap aspect of it works just fine, but do you think anyone sells like bits of fucking taps?
Dot hey fuck. So, for the sake of a poxy little casting, I'll have to replace the whole fucking lot.

And well, cars always need MoT's, tax and insurance ans shit, just a bummer it's all arrived at once!

Thats fucking ace mate, many many thanks. Erm, are you about this week? Might pop over of an evening if thats ok?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

I'm about all week mate, I was tempted to dap over to yours but if it's during the week it'll have to be a brief visit (kids, school etc). If you fancy, you can kip over and we'll hit the boozer! :mrgreen:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Could be a plan that mate!
Tuesday evening perhaps?
Not quite sure how the weeks panning out at the mo, in terms of collecting bits and metalwork and stuff.. but I'll be in touch!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Well, if you fancy it, the offer is there dude. On a similar note, if it makes life simpler/easier for you mate, it's nay bother to dap on over to Stroud/Brizzle, so long as I'm back here by 3. Although this makes it all the more tempting to send myself to Coventry next weekend! [chin] [chin] [chin] [chin] [chin] [chin] (I like chin scratching bloke, he's my dude of choice!)

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

He is a dude, reminds me of the graphic's from "ghosts", the poor quality handheld video game from the eighties that kept kids entertained for years, me included.

Road trip to Cov FTW mate.

I should be at the farm all week during daylight hours, unless something unexpected / sudden crops up, but since you're doing me a favor then I'm really more than happy to come to you, I mean, it's taking the piss to say "yeah man, I'll take your bits and let you deliver them".. I mean, thats just BXCish...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BXCish! Yeah but mate, we're mates like, we go drinking and stuff, we talk about personal shit, we don't just 'do the BX' and then fuck off! So, if it's anyone doing anyone a favour then who drives where doesn't mean shit. Beside mate, you've given & driven me a fuck sight more than I for you. To coin a Charlie phrase, it's the Mafia way, You've given me loads of stuff over the years without nowt, so if/when I can help then it's all yours. And I like that shit, very much, so it's no bother and a pleasure besides.

However, I know feel like I'm sucking your cock, which AFAIK, is beyond the Mafia code!

Guess it depends on if I'm going to Cov next weekend eh? Fuck, I need to soothe my missus then!

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

You fucking will if you're sucking my cock!
Doubt she'll be too impressed by that!

Fucking touched though dude, if I wasn't such a manly man I'd be choked!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 31 Jan 2010

docchevron132 wrote:if I wasn't such a manly man I'd be choked!
By Bandit's cock?
Image Image Image Image

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and then some! :lol: You needn't be touched Doc, well............maybe you need be touched................I don't know....................................oh fuck now I'm confused!

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 01 Feb 2010

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: At Mat :lol: :lol:

You're dead right though Bandit. We don't look at favours, we do things for each other coz we want to, not because it will make us look good (or otherwise :) )
That's what makes it so good on here 8)

See you Saturday Bandit!!

Or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 01 Feb 2010

/\ what he said.
I'm sure I've said it here before, but friends are the family you choose yourself.
And even though I'm shite socially, the happy medium of the internet led me here, and here I have the best friends anyone could ever want.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance