BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Re: Driveshafts - new apparently

Post by Bx Bandit » 29 Aug 2010

TBH, I think it's great with frequent application and in box sections, but I'm not convinced about using it on exposed surfaces
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 30 Aug 2010

Well, if you look at any metal surface where there has been a longstanding oil leak, there's no rust anywhere. But as you suggest it tends to wash off too easily. If you did it after every oil change (about every 3 months for me!) then it would probably be fine, but it's a shitty job - the fine parts of the spray get into my throat and felt like they coated it. Not nice, so I'll not do it any more.
I think the waxy stuff benefits from being reapplied every couple of years, can't do any harm anyway.
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 30 Aug 2010

Scarecrow wrote: There's loads of bad, bad shit created when you burn old engine oil - I wouldn't breath in too much!
aint done me any harm *cough*..
although since I'm a walking medical text book of how one shouldn't live then I'm not too fussed...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 30 Aug 2010

docchevron132 wrote:
Scarecrow wrote: There's loads of bad, bad shit created when you burn old engine oil - I wouldn't breath in too much!
aint done me any harm *cough*..
although since I'm a walking medical text book of how one shouldn't live then I'm not too fussed...

It's a cruel life sometimes Doc. Well, no, most of the time...

I'm pretty negative on the fight against climate change. Everything being done is half-arsed and I wonder if we shouldn't just start preparing for the floods. Personally I'd make the rich pay as I don't like them :mrgreen:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 30 Aug 2010

But of course you only hate them because you're jealous!

Only kidding of course, but I'll bet you that's what most of them think
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 30 Aug 2010

They're about right then... 8)

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 30 Aug 2010

Fuck 'em, it's nay worth being jealous of tossers ! Anyway, are you coming to Stratford Mr Crow?

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

I just dont buy this climate change shit. I dont.
Ok, yes the climate is changing, but it's done this before, without manly interference.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 30 Aug 2010

1400's England was warm enough to have acres of decent vinyards.

By the 1700's it was colder than a polar bears bell end.

It goes in cycles and we are overdue an ice age....
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

[clap] [clap] [clap] [bow] [bow]

amen bro!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 30 Aug 2010

This has been proved by those guys up on the polar ice cap. They have been taking sample bores and can tell the warmer and colder periods for hundreds of years back.
Apparently what causes it is, when it warms up the northern ocean is diluted with river and melt water, This causes the Gulf stream to stop temporarily and we have a very cold period.
Melt water ceases, river flow is less and it restarts and the cycle starts again.
I watched the programme, made sense to me.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 31 Aug 2010

Well, I'm not going to stand here and say that the observed increase in average global temperature which correlates with increased atmospheric CO2 concentration, is definitely directly related, but then again I'm not going to say that it's not.

My biggest fear over climate change is that it has distracted us (humans) from other more immediate damage we're causing to the environment.

The reality is that it's all a no-brainer - we need to develop power sources (and change our lifestyles) to compensate for the oil running out, and probably within the next 50 years anyway. Either that, or reduce the size of the human population, or both.

I feel the same about GM - I understand it's not really that much different to selective breeding which humans have probably practised since we first started farming. What I utterly oppose is the fact that the rights to the GM crops lie in private/corporate hands thus keeping the poor poor and potentially making us all slaves to those who own the rights to life. I also don't trust these money making corporate machines not to take chances that their products might have disastrous consequences for the environment and biodiversity in particular.

Basically I believe we are feeding and breeding ourselves to death. In a nihilistic sense I suppose we could say it doesn't matter as it's all pointless, but I think some of the greatest pleasures in life have no point so let's protect pointlessness :wink:

Bandit, I am a lazy bastard so I'm not saying I should be rich, just that there's too much money in the hands of too few people. And few of them could honestly say that they got their riches through hard work - they got rich by inheriting it and diddling the system and by avoiding taxation. They look down on us poor as a threat, exclude us from their posh ghettos and dictate how we should live our lives. They even have special exclusive schools were they train their rich kids to become future leaders so that they can perpetuate this status quo (Duh nen duh nen duh na, What ever you want duh nen duh nen duh na...)

So not jealous, more resentful!

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 31 Aug 2010

they got rich by inheriting it and diddling the system and by avoiding taxation. They look down on us poor as a threat, exclude us from their posh ghettos and dictate how we should live our lives. They even have special exclusive schools were they train their rich kids to become future leaders so that they can perpetuate this status quo (Duh nen duh nen duh na, What ever you want duh nen duh nen duh na...)

So not jealous, more resentful!
My sentiments entirely. Obviously a young man of some intellect. As I have bored people with for evah :lol: The percentage of wealth ownership has hardly changed in over a hundred years and my antipathy goes way beyond resentment.
But then I'm just a grumpy old bastard. :evil:

We'll have to discuss over beer at stratty :D

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 31 Aug 2010

We'll have to discuss over beer at stratty :D Oh fucking hell no, it'll be far too chaotic for all that!!!!!!!!!

Scarecrow, I was genuinely kidding about the jealous thing mate. It's what I honestly think, the rich think I feel, when they see me in my beaten up old BX, whilst they sit there in their 'superior german automobile' and yet, they couldn't be more wrong.
Basically I believe we are feeding and breeding ourselves to death. In a nihilistic sense I suppose we could say it doesn't matter as it's all pointless, but I think some of the greatest pleasures in life have no point so let's protect pointlessness :wink:
I think that's one of the most intelligent and warming comments I've heard spoken about our modern times. I really do like that. A few words to keep the soul smiling. [bow] [bow]

Blimey, you'll be up there with Jesus as a prophet next! Speaking of whom, where has Big J been?

p.s. Crowman, are you coming to Stratford you big walking effigy of straw?

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 31 Aug 2010

I agree, the planet is desperatly over populated.
If I ran the world I'd destroy about 60% of the population almost overnight.
But yes, it is all pointless since in 3.2 (ish) billion years the entire solar system will fuck itself up the arse.

Oil running out does concern me a lot, not because I care about Jo hyphen money in his bimmer, but because my interests lie almost entirely in the automotive world..
And somehow the bus just wouldn't be as sexy running on an electric motor...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 31 Aug 2010

A little late, but yeah modern plant is very very safe;

Thats in liverpool, this year, and i knew someone who liver there! It squished the building so that no doors could be openened and all occupants had to be removed via windows. The building has subsequently been ripped out because of the damage.

The driver turned the safety systems off!
ImageImage

Scarecrow

Bx Bandit wrote:

p.s. Crowman, are you coming to Stratford you big walking effigy of straw?

Haha - I'm doing my best to get to Stratford - ie. making sure my recovery is fully up to date :wink: I've made my sister and her lot go on holiday a day later :evil: so I can get back in time to look after her mutt.

Edit: That's what I meant to do, but forgot
Edit2: Actually makes less sense now with the first edit comment [chin]

Scarecrow

Vanny: it begs the question, why did he switch the safety systems off?

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 31 Aug 2010

/\ Because he was trying to steal it! :P

Ah nice one crow dude, I think the party is shaping up rather nicely!

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 31 Aug 2010

Doc wrote:_
Oil running out does concern me a lot,
Yeah. Coz it usually means you have a leak somewhere. :lol: :lol: