BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: LPG Problems and Theiving Fuckwits

Post by docchevron132 » 06 Jan 2011

I'd rather like to have been on The Titanic actually.
Not a massive fan of air travel, or any form of travel where I'm not in control of it.
I'd sooner take 10 hours to drive to Scotland than go on a plane. And have done before now.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

stu
Established

Post by stu » 06 Jan 2011

I once drove to Scotland for a Bank Holiday weekend, London-Edinburgh, some touring up as far as Loch Lomond and back again, in a completely knackered GSA - great fun!
Cheers,
Stu

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 06 Jan 2011

Well I`ve done the 2400 miles to Rockneby and back twice in summer. It included 3 short ferries, now down to 2, with the Öresund link.
TBH it`s a really nice drive but would mean purchasing a set of winter tyres/wheels, to do it in winter. :roll:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 07 Jan 2011

Philhod wrote: You obviously haven`t been at sea in a force 9 or above FT. Even in big ships the movement is err [chin] rather unpleasant [vomit]
Oh yes I have. Ijumeden to Newcastle in October.
I slept very well despite the wailing of the foghorn! At one point the missus (who was very sick) said that the waves were above the windows (we were just below the deck level). Apparently there was quite a lot of breakages.
Sea travel is ace, even storms on the north sea. So long as I can lie down I will sleep.
Image Image Image

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 06 Feb 2011

Father Ted wrote:
Philhod wrote: You obviously haven`t been at sea in a force 9 or above FT. Even in big ships the movement is err [chin] rather unpleasant [vomit]
Oh yes I have. Ijumeden to Newcastle in October.
I slept very well despite the wailing of the foghorn! At one point the missus (who was very sick) said that the waves were above the windows (we were just below the deck level). Apparently there was quite a lot of breakages.
Sea travel is ace, even storms on the north sea. So long as I can lie down I will sleep.
Storm Force 10 on the cross channel run was fun too! It was so rough that the ferries were not allowed to navigate Dover harbour under their own power but had tugs collect them from ouside the breakwater and assist them to their berthings and vice versa.
I even ate in the waiter-service restaurant on the crossing which was also OK (just more deserted than usual) because the boats are fitted with stabilizers to stop it rolling. Crockery did move a bit though with the pitching as the boat negociated the valleys and crests of the mountainous waves. :mrgreen:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 23 Feb 2011

Back on topic and update time. Decided to bend the credit card a bit and bought a new front end to the system. This time the importers were local, met them beforehand and seemed sound. Their Tech guy gave me his personal mobile number for any fitting help with the kit, and all the software is freely available rather than approved installers only. Fitted it a couple of weeks ago and am fine tuning it now. It takes the gas injector opening times from the existing petrol injector times, and hence the petrol ECU will adjust injector times to suit. That way you can make use of the vehicle manufacturer's map rather than a crude one (using the bare minimum of sensors) stored in the gas ECU.

The only bit of tweaking needed is to try and ensure that the petrol injector times are similar regardless of fuel. I.e. if the correction factor applied to the petrol injector times (compensated for gas pressure and temperature) is out a bit, the vehicle lambda sensors will feed back to the petrol ECU, adjust the petrol times which correspondingly changes the gas times. Ideally it wouldn't have to do this, so with a bit of nozzle size selection and adjusting the correction factor at various revs/loads I've got the injector times within 0.1ms (as much as I can tell when the times are fluctuating by that sort of amount anyway!)

Very happy so far, just need to do the high revs/high load corrections (where the petrol ECU goes open loop ) and it'll be sorted.
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 24 Feb 2011

0.1MS, you're slipping!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.