Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
charlie
Part of the decor

xm

Post by charlie » 31 Oct 2007

bandit saw this ad yesterday

it a 2.1 auto vsx xm

First the bad bits. ABS lamp is on. Cruise Control only worked once since I got it, but I know it’s not the pedal switch. Dash mounted display panel not clear, and aircon back light out. Near side door mirror is dipped permanently. Cubby box lid hinge broken. Dent on rear off side panel, which would probably push out, and there’s a broken clip on the nearside front bumper since last week after a trip to B&Q. There is a squeak that is belt like, but not found, when you first stat up that goes away when warm, and the cooling warning light comes on all of it’s own accord. There are no cooling issues it just comes on. Finally I think, the drivers front window isn’t working. It just stopped about two weeks ago.

However… this is a gorgeous car, with leather and suede seats that are like arm chairs. The aircon and heating are both working, the radio is working from the stearing wheel as it should. Dead locks from the key fobs all fine, and it has the inner rear glass fitted. Lovely engine and gearbox. Cam and drive belts done around 25k miles, the water pump was changed then as well. Gear box oil about 8 months old. Good exhaust, tyres, and a new battery one month ago. One of the wheels is out of balance, but it’s not bothered me as it shakes around 75mph, but I hardly take it on the motorway since the start of term. The wheels are centreless alloys, which means balance can’t be done by my tyre bloke. It’s in good shape, but it’s 11 years old so it’s been lived in.

wot u lot think

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 31 Oct 2007

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=014

/\ There it is but no darn piccies!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: xm

Post by docchevron132 » 01 Nov 2007

charlie wrote: ABS lamp is on.
Almost sertainly the O/S/F sensor FUBAR, it always is..
Charlie wrote: Cruise Control only worked once since I got it, but I know it’s not the pedal switch.
Could be any number of things, most likely will be a shite connection on the speed sensor, or despite what the ad says the brake pedal switch, there are two.
Charlie wrote:Dash mounted display panel not clear, and aircon back light out.
Will need a new LCD screen then, VERY common.. Aircon backlight's nothing, new bulb most probably.
Charlie wrote:Near side door mirror is dipped permanently.
Well theres a surprise! Cheap to sort if a little fiddly..
Charlie wrote:Cubby box lid hinge broken.
And theres another surprise.... Can be fixed with a touch of inginuity.
Cahrlie wrote: There is a squeak that is belt like, but not found, when you first stat up that goes away when warm,
Thats worrying, Could well be the cambelt idler on the way out, they make a sqweeking noise not long before they explode..
Charlie wrote: and the cooling warning light comes on all of it’s own accord. There are no cooling issues it just comes on.
That'll be shite electrics then..
Charlie wrote:Finally I think, the drivers front window isn’t working. It just stopped about two weeks ago.
Either the window reg's had it, or the multiplug down behind the radio has fallen apart, they do that alot.

Without seeing the car I cant comment really past the points raised above. Could be a cheap, nice car.
Could be a bloody money pit.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 01 Nov 2007

£410 with no pictures AND it's a private listing? Time to walk away mate.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 01 Nov 2007

I emailed him a couple of days ago and he ain't replied. Gonna give it a miss....
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 01 Nov 2007

Time to walk away mate.
thats what im thinkin but it ticks most of the boxs :roll:

fuck fuck fuck

and thanks doc for the info [bow]

i just gonna have to be patient

charlie
Part of the decor

bandit mate

wot did u ask him

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

or get your arse down to kent to have a look - in the next 4 days :shock: or beg pretty beg for piccies and ask him some detailed questions. If he don't bother - like he didn't with me then fuck 'im

charlie
Part of the decor

kent = £80 petrol

well pissed off if its a dog

twat isnt even repling

6/7 hours travelling

hes afuckin student for fukcs sake, bound to be a twat

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

aye...they're all the same :lol: :lol:

charlie
Part of the decor

aye aye aye

whats the scotish bloke off dads army called cause u sound just like him

annnnnnd were alllllllll doooooooooooomed

barnsley bxer
Part of the decor

Post by barnsley bxer » 01 Nov 2007

charlie wrote:aye aye aye

whats the scotish bloke off dads army called cause u sound just like him

annnnnnd were alllllllll doooooooooooomed
Fraser

charlie
Part of the decor

aye...

aye.....

so it was.....

:)

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

:lol: Had an email off the ebay xm owning knobbly knob. He's fucked up tho' cos he called me fella! Well excuse me...but do I know you? MATE...FELLA ? No, and I'm a potential customer so gimme respect, make like a Princess and lick some arse!
hopeless too friendly xm owner wrote:
Hello fella

I've got the pictures but they wont upload to the page. I'll ring ebay tomorrow for help. I've been at it an hour.

I'll keep you posted.

Adrian
Keep me posted my arse!!

I may of course end up going to the cupboard to get a plate, a knife and a fork and put the above words on said plate and have a munch if those photos turn out to be of a glorious perfect shiney XM.

We shall see.....

charlie
Part of the decor

adrian the student

seems a bit thick

or is spreading it bit thick

just wish i could see it for real

and no i didnt mean ur arse :wink:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Gaaaaaaaawwwwww...I've taken the piccy, loaded it up to photophucket end evryfink...you tease!! Ah well, I shall save my puckered chocolate brownie for someone else :lol: :? :o :( [vomit]

charlie
Part of the decor

:lol: :lol:

what:!: :!: :!:

someone else :?: :?: :?:

do u mean theres a fuckin queue :roll: :roll:

you fuckin slapper

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

It's like Sale day at Selfridges mate...I've had so many photo shoots i aven't had time to shite! Anyway...enough botty talk...does anyone live near Kent?????????

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 01 Nov 2007

Philip Chidlow lives in Kent I think and Timmy is actually the Duke of the county.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

barnsley bxer
Part of the decor

Post by barnsley bxer » 01 Nov 2007

Madcav wrote:Philip Chidlow lives in Kent I think and Timmy is actually the Duke of the county.
Sorry BillyTim is the duke of cunt