BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: Wheel wobble

Post by docchevron132 » 10 Apr 2009

It's get rid of the remains of my liver aswell!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » 10 Apr 2009

Just keep going till it's fucked completely then Chris......the NHS will find ya a nice shiny new one! (Well, they did for Georgie Best!)
"If it has four legs, wags its tail, and barks...the chances are...it's a dog!

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 10 Apr 2009

Was the N/S flexi David?
I cant rememebr now, but if it was then I'd say that was a case of a seriousley over zealous tester, looked fine to me.
The tester admitted it was fine but that he advised on anything like that - friendly enough, but he was uninterruptable during the test (I normally sit in nowadays in the hope of arguing the toss on anything BX-or-Citroen-specific), and pretty zealous all-round. It's Gosport - he needs to be with some of the people here - just one example follows.

Hopefully I've seen the last of a particular graduate from the school of "Bodgeit & Scarper" round here. The eBay version of my role on a BX that I'd worked on for someone else, which he then bought, was magically tranformed: "many new parts fitted" (nearly all secondhand), ""hours of attention " (regular call-outs to band-aid the next problem), "Skilled Citroen mechanic" (groping snail's-pace would-be enthusiast) etc. etc. Can you imagine a cream 19TGD with the rear and back windows blacked-out? That was the first move, along with the emulsion over the bumpers.Probably went over the sunroof-gaffer-tape too. It only got an lhm change by dint of being driven over considerable distance with loads of lhm being added on a "sacrificial" basis, then "run on empty". The main pump output pipe was gradually shearing at the base where it entered the union, probably because I'd been forced to tighten the pump belt to within an inch of its life to get the most out of a very tired pump.

I'll swear that BX was all ready for the rear end to part company with the rest if the towbar was used for a serious load.